FRONT FORKS

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRAFTMAN6001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had rebuilt my front forks sometime ago last year. The same side rt side started leaking again.1 year later.

When I pulled it apart. (bottom of leg) had a tremendous amount of wear. looked like a shiny (scab) on it. So I'm guessing that the tube is wore out on the inside. Or the leg is wore out from being bent, which wore out the tube. Are there aftermarket forks available? Or am I forced into buying used set possibly with the same issues.

The ride characteristics are causing an unlikable feel throughout the bike..BULL WHIP effect type wobble. fork fatigue and weak swing arm issues. Fixed fork issue replaced with (leak proof seal) with a aftermarket kit Rt side.. new bearings last tire change front rear. the neck seems tight, no issues there.

Sounds to me like spacers inside are worn. Last I heard they are still available. I don't presently know of any direct replacement fork assemblies or forks.

Latest posts