Fuel lines ain't what they used to be...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing more bonding with my '84 today, I noticed some cracks on the fuel line running to the left bank of carburetors. So what, you ask? Well, that line was less than 2 years old! The cracks were probably not leakers yet, but would have been soon. They were concentrated along the outer radius of the bend going into the inlet.

I don't know if the line was dried out when installed, aged due to Arizona heat and dryness or suffered from bad gas (or all the above), but I sure didn't expect that.

Not a big deal, took about 30 minutes to replace with other fresh line I had, but I only mention it here as a reminder to check your fuel lines. I'm taking a road trip soon and would prefer to find all this stuff now - before its "less convenient".

You had better get a little more line.. be a scout.. motto be prepared... I used tygon lines to replace some of mine... with be getting some more to change them all out...

I ran into the same thing last summer. It was "brand new" and within a month was hard as a rock. Not sure if was el cheapo or sitting on the shelf too long. I ended up buying new from Napa.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109181#p109181:3del35yb said:
Omega Man » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:39 pm[/url]":3del35yb]
I'm sure our desert heat had a major role in that lines failure.

~O~

I know the Queensland sun is a killer on wiper blades, it seems like every 6 months for new ones :fiddle:

Its not the rubber,its the ethanol in the gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts