gas tank

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flash2002

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I did some sand blasting today, frame, a few parts and the gas tank. I dicovered after sand blasting the tank it was so rusty inside that the sand blasting made a hole on the outside bottom :head bang: , Great now I need a new tank. Anybody got a spare tank for sale in good shape ? I'm not shure but did I see a Gold Wing with a plain motorcycle tank, like a Valkyrie tank or something like that, is it possible to install a plain tank, did anybody do this.

i hear the kawasaki mean streak is the best gavity fed tank to use ..with the least amount of modifying....good tanks are hard to find another rusty to try and clean is out there....i was just looking at my 80 that sat outside since 07 ...good and rusty it is

Description: New-to-me Meanstreak tank, two small dents. 4.5 gallons and it fits the frame easily. I will make it so it flips up to the rear.

Ok,ok, I'm brain dead. :smilie_happy: It's and age thing. :head bang: :head bang: I will now go stand in the corner with my little dunce cap on. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102610#p102610:23i1v84a said:
Dusterdude » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:31 pm[/url]":23i1v84a]
Dan,could you post a pic of the tank sitting on the bike?
That's not my build.
Click on the pic to ekvh's gallery.

Latest posts