GL1100 1983 INTAKE MANIFOLDS

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIKAIA

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I ordered manifolds on E-Bay unfortunately the rubbers are stiff. I try to get new ones but the part is discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find them, new, aftermarket or custom or any other suggestion. I will really appreciate your help. Thank you.

The rubbers are stiff on mine too. Are you having difficulty installing them? A little vasoline on the inside and they should slip, although it does take some effort. I have not seen any that were not stiff.

No. They leak. But I have found a guy in France that makes them. They are expensive but he seems to be the only one having them new. Thank you anyway.
PS: I can't believe that Honda discontinued that part.

I have found that heating them up with a heat gun at installation helps out tremendously, also make sure that your clamps are clamping down good and tight as well. Hope this helps.

I used stp to install mine, and changed the bolts on the clamps to SS metric caphead screws
they seem almost impossible to get all the way on, till you lube them up..

The last time I pulled the boots off I gave it a shot of WD-40 then twisted and pulled off. Going back on did it the same way. Whatever works. Besides getting hard the boots are pretty tough.

Say what about putting some gas resistant silicone on the carb throat and boot before assembly.
That may seal them up. I used some stuff that doesnt harden on a nicked bowl gasket going on 2 years now and still sealing.

I decided to buy them from the guy in France brand new. I don't want to go through that all the time. I tried the silicon but did not work. Thank you.

I waiting to receive mine by next week, then I will let everyone know if they are what is expected. I am optimistic because my friend in France who ordered them for me has a motorcycle shop and knows what I need. They are expensive, but they are nowhere to be find anywhere else. As soon as I have them in my hand I will post a comment.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94340#p94340:12ksbfhb said:
westgl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am[/url]":12ksbfhb]
I know this is a old post,

I was looking for something else and came across this post and the link, for new rubber seal for Intake manifolds, see below

These are for replacement rubber for intake manifolds.

https://www.jbmindustries.com/Goldwing.html

Nice!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this!