Gl1100 swingarm install

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusterdude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1949 panhead,1972 cb750,1980 gl1100,1985 gl1200,1998 cbr600f3 and 2003 vulcan 1600 classic
The honda manual is a bit confusing on this.does the driveshaft have to be on the engine before the swingarm is installed?thanks

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Got it figured out but I'm not going gto install the arm until I get a snap ring plier that is long enough to install the snap rin into the coupler.

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

I'd love to see how it was done at the factory. I curse those snap rings! I suppose the right tools, smaller hands, and having the bike at a decent working height would also help.

On the 1000, just holding your mouth right. I've only done it once, but it was a breeze. Getting the snap ring off was a bit tougher on the first one, as it was am internal ring in the external groove (consistent, the rear one was the same). The ring came out on this one just fine, and I think (knock wood) the new one will go on just as easy. Don't get a mental block. It's just work to be done.