GL1200 shocks on a GL1100. Need parts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1TallTXn

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of GL1200 air shocks to replace my wore out GL1100 shocks. I've acquired Progressive springs to go in them as well.

The bushings on my 1100 are wore out and I can't seem to find them still available through OEM sources. Anybody know what size they are and if the 11 and 1200's used the same size bushings?

Thanks in advance!

Just to let you know why I have the 1200 shocks on my bike. The original 1100 ones sprang a leak and lost some oil and I was offered some from a 1200 just to try. They are a little longer ( about 1/2 inch ) but otherwise in good order. Since the 1200 is a heavier machine I gave it a go because when I am out with the wife the bike bottoms out too easily .
I now need to use slightly less air pressure in the rear than previously ( set on the second from bottom bar on the air pressure indicator gauge ) for solo use and higher when two up. Since fitting I can go round corners with more confidence because the grounding is a thing of the past. I do not know if this is because the original shocks were worn out or if it is because the new ones are so much better. But in either case I am glad I did swap them over. :)

Anyone know where to pick up bushings for them? The ones between the top/bottom and the frame/swing arm.
The rest of the parts appear to be available through OEM sources.

Ordered them from Service Honda. With everything I was ordering, they were nearly $15 cheaper than Bike Bandit.

Thanks for the suggestions/info!