Greetings from the Great White North

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krakum1967

Reaction score
Hello,

New guy here from Jamestown, ND. I purchased a 1979 GL1000 Goldwing a few weeks back and have been bringing it back to life.

I have owned scores of assorted bikes ranging from Harley to Hyosung. I run a small repair shop where I perform services and tire changes on MCs.

Love the bike, cant wait for it to run right.

Kraig

DOing a restore. Its fully dressed and in pristine physical condition, 30000 miles on it, she is a real cream puff. But it sat for ten years cause the owner bought a boat. Anyway, I am in the midst of a single carb conversion. Joedrum recommended this site. Was getting a little tired of hearing "the solution to the issue is to buy a set of stock carbs".

Anyway, I like this site, seems to be a great place for a tinkerer like me.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119376#p119376:10zhkdk2 said:
backlander » Wed May 28, 2014 1:23 pm[/url]":10zhkdk2]
Welcome to CGW, the capital of the world of tinkerer's, innovators, experimenter's and some say soothsayers.
:fishin: :hihihi:

Thanks for all the welcomes, and thank you Joe for turning me on to this site. Much welcomed.

By the way, I got the single carb idling now, I wont go back to the standard bank, no flat spots, no lagging, no typical Keihin quirks. Very very happy.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119386#p119386:3tpsyvsm said:
krakum1967 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 am[/url]":3tpsyvsm]
Thanks for all the welcomes, and thank you Joe for turning me on to this site. Much welcomed.

By the way, I got the single carb idling now, I wont go back to the standard bank, no flat spots, no lagging, no typical Keihin quirks. Very very happy.
I was following your thread at the other forum but can you explain what manifold and carb you have here and what you did to dial it in?

Welcome to the forum btw.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Latest posts