Greetings from Wausau Wi

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Former Goldwing rider here. My first was a 78 I bought in 82 & rode it until 96 when my EX wife suggested we sell it to help with her medical expenses. To keep the peace I did. it broke my heart to see my wing go down the road for the last time without me. I breifly had a 76 wing I bought for the low mileage engine, swapped them out & sold it. I also @ the time had a 95 Pearl Majenta SE I rode until 06.
After 24 years & over 200.000 miles on GoldWings I decided it was time for a change. I was also riding Maxi-Scoots for 10 years & decided to get more into it. Bought a 05 650 Suzuki Burgman, Put a tow-pac unit on my 05 Yamaha Majesty & gave it to my bride to ride. Last year I bought a 1998 Helix to replace the one I lost to divorce in 01.

I sold my 78 to a fellow who only had it for a couple months, seems his wife didn't didn't like the idea of him having it so he sold it (I found this out over the years)to a fellow I used to work with Son who now for the past few years has worked @ the local grocery store. Over the years we've had small talk over it. About 3 years ago I said if you ever want to sell it......Gave him my PH number & left it @ that. After all it is his bike.

A few days ago he mentioned he might want to sell it. He hasn't rode it in a couple years because of the sticky slides on the carbs, Plus now he's riding a 82. Sounds to be pretty much intact otherwise. May need tires & seat work.
I need another bike like I need a hole in my head. Yet this is my ol sweetie who has been neglected & this guy would welcome her to the fleet! We kind of set a unseen price of $500.00. He has to talk to his wife. I'll give him a week & contact him.
So here I sit in anticipation......
Here is my "LiL Wing" 98 Helix
GEDC0824.jpg

My "Silverbullet" 650 Burgman
GEDC0506.jpg

Fleet Photo
GEDC0627.jpg

Thanks for letting me ramble.........Lou

sure hope your oldwing makes it home to you ....some of those scooters realy go ....ive been past by them on the interstate before ....those are some nice rides in the pics ....welcome Lou

Welcome to the CGW Forums, silverbullet!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Latest posts