Greetings

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 2 years new to motorcycling, in my 60th year, and I love it. My first bike is a 1996 Nighthawk CB 750, which was a semi-basket case when I purchased it. It is now my daily driver. My brother in law piqued my interest in a Gold Wing and I noticed too that one could be had for very little money (always a factor). I purchased a 1982 Interstate for $700 with the intention of producing a stylish, functional cruiser for minimum dollars. I am in the process of dismantling and listing the work needed to accomplish this.

I am more of a jack-leg parts changer than a mechanic, but I know that I will have to re-build the carbs, master cylinders, calipers, and fix an oil leak on at least one of the heads, not to mention getting the motor running. There is considerable chrome to polish, fiberglass and metal parts to paint, and knuckles to scrape. I spend a couple of hours every day or so tinkering with it. Reading what I have on this forum I look forward to drawing from it information which will allow me to speed up the process (not that I am in any hurry) and if I see the opportunity contribute anything I may be able to.

Latest posts