Head light restoration - will it work for a faring windshield?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
I just returned from Fort Lauderdale Florida swapping our 2002 Ford Taurus with my daughters 2002 Hyundai Elantra. She had some issues that were costing us a fortune to have mechanics fix and we decided to swap cars for peace of mind (and save some dollars by having me do the repairs!)

One of the issues the Hyundai had is Florida temps and sun are real tough on cars. The headlights were turning real hazy and unclear shooting light more like a flood than a focused beam. I decided to try the 3M Head Light Restoration Kit from Pep Girls......I am amazed at how well they turned out!!!! Got me to thinning........maybe this kit will work on our plastic windshields and restore them to clear with no scratches!
Elantra 006.jpg
Elantra 007.jpg

Yes it works nicely. Crazing though cannot be polished out. Those are actually tiny cracks deep in the plastic.

I am so glad I did this work! Just in time for me to hydro-plane across an intersection and slide into an SUV today!!!! The newly cleaned headlights are now cracked and smashed!!!!! (No one was hurt except my feelings) :head bang: :cheeky:

:rant: :sensored: :head bang:
Dam th luck, but glad you dint get hert.... :yes: