Hello from Portland, Oregon

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannymassage

Reaction score
Hello from Portland, Or. I am not putting my GL away. I am riding a lot This last week I got in over 2500. Looks like a great site and I am happy to be here. Thank you...

Attachments

• 277.JPG
    277.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 132
Man, now that's a lot of riding, these old bikes are awesome, yeh, this site is great, these guy's know their business, it's really good to know they are here if I need help, advise or or maybe just a laugh..we all kinda think alike and we are all crazy about our bikes..Welcome aboard...Is that a speaker on top of the rack or what is it?

Welcome to the CGW Forums, mannymassage!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nice ride! :good:

:hi: Welcome :yahoo: :moped: dis is a great place fer learnen ta fix stuff! specialy ona Wing. (you can eben learn ta build a doghouse! No kidden. Enjoy.GEO :music3: WELCOME AGAIN! (great looking ride)

I'm also from the Rose City near NE 60th and Glisan. I am down now as one of my ignition coils (95% sure that's the problem) quit on me without giving a two week notice. I spent some money on tools so now I have to fix my bike myself to justify buying the tools. Should I change both or just the misbehaving one?

GiantDon49":2i2x3r7t said:
I'm also from the Rose City near NE 60th and Glisan. I am down now as one of my ignition coils (95% sure that's the problem) quit on me without giving a two week notice. I spent some money on tools so now I have to fix my bike myself to justify buying the tools. Should I change both or just the misbehaving one?

Start a new topic in the Shop Talk forums and we'll get that problem nailed down.

Hey Mr Giant,

Give me a call @787-459-8402 and we can get to the bottom of this. I have a test coil and plenty of tools. I hate typing but I have changed coils and I have a set on mine from a wrecking yard however you can just replace one. The sometimes crack and other times they look good but work intermittently...Call any time

Manny

Wow, what a welcome. One member asked if that was a speaker on the trunk. Yes I made them enclosures from coffee cans. I put polk audio speakers all the way around with 2 amplifiers , one is a 500watt for the rear and a 400 for the front. The receiver is a mechless radio, cirrus, HD and Bluetooth with auxiliary and USB inputs by Clarion. Yes I can hear it well at any speed and I only need to use half volume to do so. Another asked where am I that I can ride still. Well last black Friday I headed out from Portland in the rain, wind and cold to California. Visited a friend in the hills towards Tahoe at 3500 feet. Then on to Los Angeles to Saddleman through a bunch of fog till Bakersfield and finally encountered nice warm weather in LA. On the way back over the Grapevine I5N the wind was getting crazy and the heavily grooved pavement was not helping. I was the only MC to be seen that windy (Gusts to 80mph) afternoon heading north. Plenty of truckers and cars though. It was a white Knuckler all the way to the Harris Ranch near Coalinga where I got a hotel. Next morning tumble weeds, heavy dust in sections and again heavy winds. I decided to have a Mexican meal and some Negro Modelo to try and relax. I found that going between 80 and 100mph against the heavy head and Quartering winds offered me much more stability especially blasting past 100s of trucks. Only a couple Mercedes Benz tried to hang but couldn't since some cars would pass the trucks at a snails pace. The only problem was after 55 miles of this I was near reserve. So for 110 miles I got 15mpg! But it only took 35 minutes to go 55 miles. It calmed down before Stockton and hit another White Knuckler going on the 12w to Fairfield. Heavy cross wind over water on a 1 lane Highway Safety Corridor with a bunch of plastic poles separating you from the oncoming traffic. My trip through Redding and on to Oregon saw the temp dropping to 30. By 11pm I had cold feet and hands. Made it to Grants pass and moteled it. The Next day I waited for the fog to lift and high tailed it home. Was it worth? You bet. Looked at my rear tire and it is toast. I am picking up a new one next week so I can do some more riding locally till it snows or gets icy or my wheels fall off. Thanks again, Manny...

Oh wow! That was some ride! I had similar rides years ago but I'd really rather not repeat the experience.

GGGGGGGGGate RRRRRRRRide BBBBBen TTTTThrre DDDDDDDDone TTTTThat DDDDDont WWWWWant TTTTTo DDDDDDo IIIIIIt AAAAAAA GGGGGGGain. Too old and tired to do it again.
Besides I am retired and don't need to get any where that fast any more ( except when the wife finds out I am 150 miles from home and I just went for a half hour ride by myself) :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :whistling:

Latest posts