Hello from Sunland, California

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratocat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is a great site. I've been hanging out for a while just reading and learning from the posts. Now that I have some issues I need help with, I thought I should introduce myself. My ride is a 1982 A. I've owned since 2003. I'll post some questions and picturees soon.

Welcome to the CGW forums, stratocat!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

To answer BigAndrew, just trying to come up with a handle I can remember. Of interest to me besides classic Goldwings are guitars. I got a couple of stratocasters hanging around here so there you go.
:music2:

Welcome from the almost great State of New Jersey! :clapping:

Strat huh, my brother has a '77 strat with rosewood neck! I just bought a new guitar for my daughter who is in school in Florida. She picked out a new Fender Squire Telecaster half hollow body, mahogany with maple neck.

mcgovern61":1dxvq5qb said:

Strat huh, my brother has a '77 strat with rosewood neck! I just bought a new guitar for my daughter who is in school in Florida. She picked out a new Fender Squire Telecaster half hollow body, mahogany with maple neck.
Thats pretty cool. I have a 78 Gibson Les Paul I bought new but LesPaulcat didn't seem to work. My daughter has a Squire Strat and I have 3 variations on the Strat theme as well as a Tele, and few others hanging around. It's a habit i just can't shake

stratocat":1l2yoq4a said:
To answer BigAndrew, just trying to come up with a handle I can remember. Of interest to me besides classic Goldwings are guitars. I got a couple of stratocasters hanging around here so there you go.
:music2:

Ive never heard of that brand but then again im not a huge guitar guy, I had a old roommate that was, He had 22 electric guitars

stratocat":3bw9t91s said:
mcgovern61":3bw9t91s said:

Thats pretty cool. I have a 78 Gibson Les Paul I bought new but LesPaulcat didn't seem to work. My daughter has a Squire Strat and I have 3 variations on the Strat theme as well as a Tele, and few others hanging around. It's a habit i just can't shake
I know it is off motorcyle topics, but have you compared the Squire Strat to an original? I am curious if they sound and feel the same.

mcgovern61":1ltznkp1 said:
stratocat":1ltznkp1 said:
mcgovern61":1ltznkp1 said:

I know it is off motorcyle topics, but have you compared the Squire Strat to an original? I am curious if they sound and feel the same.
My daughters Squire is the only actual Fender guitar in the house but I can tell you the neck is not finished as nice as a standard strat. It does have pretty good sounding pickups on it. If you are used to playing a higher quality instrument you'll definately notice a difference. But it is a nice insxpensive guitar that can take you a long way. I own 2 Carvin guitars in the strat style and another that i am buidling from parts. The Carvins are very nice as good or better than anything Fender has ever made. Oh don't geet me started. Dan will invite me to start my own guitar sire.

joedrum":10f2qp3b said:
if we ever get together theres enough of us to keep the others entertained ......one day CGW get together!!!!!!!!!

Joe, you are right! We've got a drummer, at least two guitarist that we know of, I can drag my piano over and I'm sure the other instruments will speak up soon! We can meet at your place for that barbeque that you promised! (Piano might leave a few drag marks on the ground though!) :smilie_happy:

Latest posts