HELP ON A PURCHASE

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesgoldwing

Reaction score
:help: :beg: 1986 goldwing aspencade gl1200 its blue and has 76,000 miles
new brakes front and rear
new front and rear tires
new fork seals
pop out of 3rd gear on a hard accel
$2000 asking price.
:laptop: Need input: good deal or not,what are your thoughts guys. I put lots of stock in your advice.Good deal or not? What could I be getting into . thank_you:

Pops out of 3rd worries me.
Mine pops out of 4th and the engine needs to be opened to sort out why.
Not saying this is what this one needs but if there's nothing preventing the shifter from engaging third completely externally then its a possibility. A bent or worn shifter fork comes to mind.

i say its to much chances are its internal ....the only other thing is ...is it coming out of third or is the clutch letting go ....if it was that then id say its worth 1000$ plus replace clutch...it would have to be a realy good looking bike for that id say ....if its the trans id say ...it takes someone like me or better to fix it and i wouldnt be willing to do but 500 to 700 tops ...and it would still have to look good for that price from me....lots of work either way most likely ....

Imma gonna throw this out there..does it have floorboards w/heel-toe shifter? If so, I'd suspect a problem with the external shifter parts...seems to be a common issue with them. If it has the normal foot shifter, take a good look at the shift lever where it attaches to the shaft coming out of the side of the engine. If the set-screw is loose, it could cause a similar problem.
If all outside it tight, shifter-wise, then it has to be an internal problem, and will take some $$$$ to repair. If it pops outta 3rd EVERY TIME, it's gonna be internal..no way around that one.
Unless they are willing to come way down on the price, I'd suggest passing on this one.
Just my .002 :hi:

AApple":2gcd2ji5 said:
Imma gonna throw this out there..does it have floorboards w/heel-toe shifter? If so, I'd suspect a problem with the external shifter parts...seems to be a common issue with them. If it has the normal foot shifter, take a good look at the shift lever where it attaches to the shaft coming out of the side of the engine. If the set-screw is loose, it could cause a similar problem.
If all outside it tight, shifter-wise, then it has to be an internal problem, and will take some $$$$ to repair. If it pops outta 3rd EVERY TIME, it's gonna be internal..no way around that one.
Unless they are willing to come way down on the price, I'd suggest passing on this one.
Just my .002 :hi:

I think I will pass thank you :good:

detdrbuzzard":2zi1rvks said:
it sounds like you want a wing you can get on and ride with minimal fuss so i think you are making the right decission by passing on this wing
:music: :music: :yes: :beg: YOU ARE RIGHT FOR SURE :thanks:

Latest posts