Hey Joe

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, it is obvious you have many friends on here. I want to jump in and say "get well soon and take time for rest". :lazy:

We are all thankful you are not hurt worse, and if you need anything, also know I'd drive back down anytime to help you out. I am sure others would as well. Give Hooch a hug.

:shock: Wow glad you are on the mend. Hope ya are back to normal soon.Stupid state highway decided to do all the roads around us at the same time! We wont be riding anywhere for awhile due to this. I kinda wonder why they think 2+ inches of the pea gravel is needed on top of the tar. :roll:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95433#p95433:1cbsd2yt said:
1burthabutt » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:01 pm[/url]":1cbsd2yt]
. I kinda wonder why they think 2+ inches of the pea gravel is needed on top of the tar. :roll:
Probably so that we can't see what a crappy job they have done of repairing the roads :rant: :cheeky:

another thing they done here just this yr is raise the speed limit on unmark country roads to 50 mph...creating a huge danger problem to live off the main path .... endangering safty of kids pets and everyone on a road that was safer before

Around here, they'll re-tar the roads, then lay down a sheet of gravel on top of that....and just let the normal traffic roller it into the tar....saves them time and equipment. Every now and then, if they have one available, they'll put up a "Caution---Loose Gravel" sign.... :sensored: :rant:
I laid my 750A over one time on gravel...and I wasn't even ON it at the time! I was walking along beside it, letting it idle itself down the path, since there was no way to actually ride down it....dang thing just fell right over at one point.... :Doh2: :rant:

It's seems things are going forward and backwards around here. I had a nice little route to take test rides on, out of town the backway out 3 or 4 miles then back. Then 125 windmills were put in that area and with the heavy trucks on the country roads that were sealed the trucks beat the heck out of the road, they turned them back to all gravel. Its HARD to pay attention to the bike and the work you just did on a thick gravel road. I've got to find a different route. Jerry