How do you work on your bike?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyrandy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not having a lift table I rigged this up.

Attachments

• WORKSTAND.jpg
    WORKSTAND.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 190
who would even want a table to get in the way if you have all that :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: nice shop randy thats pretty handy place to work on your bike :cheeky: let me get the gravel out of my pants from laying on it while working without table or the handy randy shop....... :mrgreen:

I layed on that floor for years before getting around to getting this rigged up. Dont ask me what took so long. It is also air conditioned as well as heated. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Mine is air conditioned and heated too!!! The heat works all summer long and I never have any trouble cooling it in the winter! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :lol:

mcgovern61":afj8tr9e said:
Mine is air conditioned and heated too!!! The heat works all summer long and I never have any trouble cooling it in the winter! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :lol:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
I got the same system, too!! :mrgreen:

That's a neat set-up there, Randy! :good: :yes:

AApple":2wrvobrl said:
mcgovern61":2wrvobrl said:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
I got the same system, too!! :mrgreen:

That's a neat set-up there, Randy! :good: :yes:

I have you guys beat. Not only do I have the same heat and AC, mine has a sprinkler system. :smilie_happy:

So all you guys work laying on the ground outside? I figured some guys have a lift table or some other improvised solution. I heard of someone using some sort of harbor freight pallet jack that worked pretty well.

I come from a family of mechanics welders and machinists. I grew up and worked daily in this environment until I was 37 when I got into another career.

Having a good workshop is priority over everything else including the house.

What is nice about the dual chain blocks is I can tilt the bike over safely where that cant be done on a lift table.

I have a plan for a workshop. Hopefully it will come together this year. If not, well, then darn.

handyrandy":dx6bmst5 said:
Having a good workshop is priority over everything else including the house.

Would you please 'splain this to my wife? She doesn't get it.... :headscratch:

:smilie_happy: :hihihi: :smilie_happy: :hihihi: :smilie_happy:

I do have a two-car garage, with space for one car, and the 'Wing...the rest is pretty much storage! :whistling:

Hey Randy! I bet you get a lot of confessions with that thing!

Randy: Hey honey...who left the toilet seat down?
Honey: I don't know, but I didn't do it!
Randy: Oh, that's ok. No problem...Hows about me and you take a trip to the shop...I have a new lift I wanna show ya!

Seriously, that looks good. I use a Harbor Freight Lift. Kind of looks like a forklift, and picks the bike up about 3 feet. You can see it in this video:

handyrandy":2b9n2e4w said:
So all you guys work laying on the ground outside? I figured some guys have a lift table or some other improvised solution

Gee I wish Rhonda would break down while hanging from the roof :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: , she generally waits untill the nearest shady tree is an hours walk away :Awe: :fiddle:

If you're considering one of these types lifts, be sure to get one that will allow you to roll the bike around on it. Some have 4 casters, and others only have 2, and those are pretty much immovable once loaded. I'm sure wishing I had enough free space in my garage-mahal to have one....I just don't have any place to store one out of the way....unless I cleaned the place out...and that's totally out of the question! :nea: :nea: :nea:

:smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

We have a real good size work space! If only I moved out the piano, tool box, kids sports stuff, shelving, spare engine, spare pipes, spare spares.......

Attachments

• Work Space.JPG
    Work Space.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 116
handyrandy":23qk8y3m said:
I like the 30 in height on the one we are talking about. It is blue, so it must be different that the red one. 3 ft would be better though.

The blue one looks exactly like mine, 'cept for the color of course. Mine might be only 30", but that's about 3', right? I end up putting about 4 inches of wood blocks under mine to make the bike level.

Latest posts