How many motorcycle riders still ride a bicycle and why?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
I ride a bicycle around our small town when I don't want to use the truck, car or one of the motorcycles. The town in basically about 12 blocks by 12 blocks. Several of my relatives live here, so when the weather cooperates, I just grab the bicycle.

Less complicated and gives me some exercise. At my age, I need to exercise when I can.

Ayone else?

not only am I a motorcycle guy but i'm a bicycle guy also. riding around the city isn't something I want to do anymore so I load one or two ( i'm up to five pushies ) in the tintop and head out to the park

I probably only get about 3500 miles a year on my bicycles, but it used to be more like 15,000 or so. My son and I ride across Iowa every year... and we do shorter 1,2, and 3 day road rides, evening and weekend bicycle paths, etc.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215006#p215006:3kftsqwr said:
pidjones » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:16 am[/url]":3kftsqwr]
3 miles out of town on twisty, narrow, very hilly mountain roads. 67, a bit overweight and very out of shape. No!

LOL.....sounds more like a to kill you plan ...it’s nice a flat in fla for bike riding this time of year ...but when the heats on ..it’s never flat enough ...but I use to a bike a lot ...it is nice in a small town like where I’m at use to be ...not like that now ..

Very rarely.. like when I need to drop off my van for repair and the shop is nearby (otherwise I use CL125A with a motorcycle carrier.)

I live in a city so I cannot trust car drivers with cellphones in their hands. It's even dangerous enough for motorcycles but at least I can keep up with the traffic.
Bicycle riders are constantly overtaken by cars doing 50~60 MPH. Too scary.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214972#p214972:552s2ckq said:
Tom_Charlton » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:12 am[/url]":552s2ckq]
I ride a bicycle around our small town when I don't want to use the truck, car or one of the motorcycles. The town in basically about 12 blocks by 12 blocks. Several of my relatives live here, so when the weather cooperates, I just grab the bicycle.

Less complicated and gives me some exercise. At my age, I need to exercise when I can.

Ayone else?

I ride one 10-15 miles a day from April-October for exercise.

The other moths I ride a setup I have in the cellar.

The other months I ride a setup I have in the cellar.

:music: Kreitler Rollers, with a 48" stage fan spinning at slow speed... now working on HD video and an ANT+ interface with my favorite routes and variable loading to replay while I listen to overhead speakers (Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres and Farewell to Kings)... :music3:

With 52 years behind me, I'm certainly not in the shape I was in when I was racing at 22... but then again, my son is 18, a high-hurdler, and my 15-y/o daughter is an Olympic Development Program soccer goalie, and in a 100-yard 'race-ya' across the school parking lot, I passed my daughter, and caught up to my son.

Someone asked me "Do your kids think you're crazy?"
I said "No."
He said "No... they don't think you're crazy??"
I said "KNOW... as in... they KNOW I'm crazy".

My hope is that I'm in good enough shape that when I die, I die really fast, so I don't get a chance to suffer the agony of being trapped in a hospital room. :smilie_happy:

In the meantime, I'm gonna do lots of things, learn lots of things, and prove to my kids just how much of a nightmare their dad REALLY is... :salute:

I ride oneof these, started it in '81, the wife and I go for occasional rides in nice weather.

Attachments

• turner2.gif
    turner2.gif
    123 KB · Views: 74
I'll bet the Turner, with short wheelbase and the rear much closer to your CG climbes a whole lot better than most other recumbents. That's actually very similar to the velodrome streamliners shown in the video I linked on the roofed-wing thread.

Today was a beautiful day, we hit 49 according to NWS, but I showed 53 on four of my five thermometers, and 52 on the other. I would've taken the Wing for a ride, but had to drag a trailer to the west end of town and set up stage for the band at a place called Gypsy Highway... and then the boss (SHE) asked me to break out the pressure-washer and clean off some stuff that was on the porch, so I cleaned the crud out of the wheels of all the cars, too.

Stage call is 6:30, we're on at 7, and I've got one amplifier module out of one of our secondary mains that has a wire broken loose, so I'm soldering wires back on...

Latest posts