I am thinking of getting rid of the light bar.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Ruiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the lower one on the rear

I am going to be left with this panel - and a curved piece that will go where the light bar attaches now. I am not sure how this is going to look/trim out. I have some light brackets that might take the place of that setup but it holds the other two bars. I think I need to keep that panel (maybe stick a couple lights in it!)

I like the other two bars

I've seen the interstates with a lot less light in the back. I like the look better. mine is an 83.
I don't do much riding at night so I am not worried about being seen.

Is this all I need to do? Wiring is easy. Thinking of riding without the top box too.

I could be wrong but I think your bumper setup is an all in one type deal, meaning it's all tied together.
I could post a couple pics of my Interstate that doesn't have the lower bumper like your's if that will help.

I agree the lower bar is a bit much. Try it. My dresser is all Vetterware and my 81 has no hardbags so I have very few lights. I make do pretty well with just the rack on my 81 so you might not miss the trunk much. It's your bike. Make it fit you.

Pics as requested.

This is a Markland hitch so I'm guessing the chrome rails are also Markland.
I added the receiver.

image.php

image.php

image.php

I have the same light bar as you and have disassembled it to blast and paint it.I dont see how it would all be suported with out the lower panel.It seems that this is what holds it all up if I remember right.

Dan:

that is more like it. That is the look.

Tory:

yeah, I hear ya. I am pretty sure the lower one can come off - and the rest still be sound. It is just the look of that panel hangin out there that might be issue.

thanks for the pics~!

Latest posts