i did a bad bad thing...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwbill37841

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:swoon: ok here goes.as of a few days ago, i went and traded my 78 parts bike and miss daisy for....a 77 beaver. ... what is a beaver you say? :headscratch: ... :blush: well i will tell you. :eek:k: it is a rv. pictures to follow. it has it's own gen. that works. heat and air (roof) furnice, stove and oven.all tanks black,gray and fresh. lights work .getting a new trans.in the next few days. and not one fuel tank,but 3. ford with 460 . so i know that isn't going to be good. i'm following slabs,steps so i now have a 1100 frame with title a blue seat.and bags and trunk.but also have my eye on a few other gw's but not sure which one yet. but all are trikes .that way the wife can ride with me.and hopefully i won;t dump it. :heat:

Attachments

• new camper 001.jpg
    new camper 001.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 252
You got's to do what you got's to do is what I say. I got a 78 Ford camper special with a 460, gets 17 mpg empty or loaded, it don't care how heavy you load it and can pull hell off a cross. Good engines. Bet you have another GW by spring if you hold out that long. Enjoy your new ride.

well , you need something so your little Lady can ride too . . . and looks like you done good Bill. :music: Maybe we can Camp some together sometime , , We Camp somewhere about every month between April and Nov. . . and the last couple of years even in Dec. . . :laptop:

I hope you have much better luck with your rv than I had with mine. Looks nice. We missed you at the meet.

Looks good to me. Get that tranny fixed so it will get you from point A to B! We have a '86 Mallard. She runs good and does everything we need her to do. We were told to wash the outside with some bleach (1/2 of cup or little more depending on the size of the bucket.) in the soapy water to get the scum off. It really brightens them up. Hope it helps you too.

That monster is old and just like anything old ya gotta go thru everything.

Cooling system
Hoses, belts
Brakes, flush fluid
Tune up.

Only way to make it reliable, no matter what the prior owner says.

Looks great Bill sure will beat throughing up a tent and then take it back down to get back on your way. + 1 on what Dan said Jerry

Just curious, what transmission are you putting in it: something new or the same thing just rebuilt? If you go with something new you could take advantage of something with an overdrive that might help with fuel economy a little bit, but with a 460 and the weight that thing hauls, a little bit might be all you get.

buying a trans out of runinng truck the guy says he gets around 7 miles unloaded and about 4 loaded. it's a c6 but mostly ,and hopefully it will do better, got to clean up the outside,and redo some of the inside..

Attachments

• new camper 005.jpg
    new camper 005.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 172
  • new camper 007.jpg
    new camper 007.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 165
  • new camper 012.jpg
    new camper 012.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 165
There is certainly a lot of potential there and it should clean up nicely on the outside. Just like the OldWings, every where you go, you know you will get a lot of comments about it.

that sounds like a plan Bill , we Camp a lot ... I play music everywhere I go . you said something about how to clean your Camper , I use something called ( Mean Green ) they sell it at dollar general most of the time , some Wal - Marts have it , it will take ANYTHING off , you can buy it in a spray bottle or a Gallon jug . . . this stuff will clean a 30 year old Dirty Engine Block and Heads like the day they was made . . just put it in the shade , out of hot sunshine , wet it down , spray it with Mean Green , let it soak some , just don't let it dry , then use a water hose with a spray head on it ..... and you won't believe this stuff . I like the Camper , just needs a little TLC . :builder:

them C-6 Ford Trans are pretty big and heavy , not too bad , if you got a concrete floor and a Trans. jack . . . one thing about a Truck frame like that , there is plenty of room to work on it . not like these little Cars now days .

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91856#p91856:1cbo5wxt said:
backlander » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:32 pm[/url]":1cbo5wxt]
You got's to do what you got's to do is what I say. I got a 78 Ford camper special with a 460, gets 17 mpg empty or loaded, it don't care how heavy you load it and can pull hell off a cross. Good engines. Bet you have another GW by spring if you hold out that long. Enjoy your new ride.

I love "expressions" and I'm gonna remember that one, Son!: "You can pull Hell off a Cross!" That's great!

My favorite Carolina expression: "That boy is really wrapped around the axle!" (He's upset/disturbed.) My grandfather's favorite: "Don't piss up my back and tell me it's sweat!" (Don't BS me.) Thanks!

Latest posts