I picked up a low mileage '76 today.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert

Reaction score
13988.7 miles

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

Been sitting in a conditioned space in the house for twenty years.

A little bit of wax, a little elbow grease, and she's good to go! :mrgreen:
That's a sweetheart, and a heck of a find! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nice find Bert! Those bags and trunk ROCK! :rocks: I've always been a fan of fat bottomed girls. :whistling: That looks like a Liberty brand set of bags and trunk. Oh snap, look at the windshield extension.

~O~

Wish I could find such a nice deal! I've been watching for a deal like that for over a year now. Not one GL 1000 listed yet.

Omega Man":3towpmwl said:
Nice find Bert! Those bags and trunk ROCK! :rocks: I've always been a fan of fat bottomed girls. :whistling: That looks like a Liberty brand set of bags and trunk. Oh snap, look at the windshield extension.

~O~

The trunk and bags are "Calafia" brand. Personally I've never heard of them. They are pretty good sized though.

slabghost":trfztgba said:
Wish I could find such a nice deal! I've been watching for a deal like that for over a year now. Not one GL 1000 listed yet.
This one wasn't listed either.

Brief Story:

"In the hardware store getting some stainless nuts and bolts. Guy standing next to me says, "What you working on?" I said my 1975 Goldwing. We started talking Goldwings. Salesman walks up over hearing the convesation and says he knows a widow nearby who's husband had a Goldwing and as far as he knows she still has it and wants too sell it. I give him my name and number. Two weeks later another guy calls up and says he is in charge of selling off the widow's husband's tools and toys and would I like to see the stuff. I asked about the Goldwing. He says it's a 1976 with a fairing and bags and a trunk. It's been sitting since 1990 in a conditioned garage. We make an appointment for Sunday, today Nov 14th. I get there and and the place is slap full of woodworking machinery and the Sulfer yellow Goldwing. I start asking prices about some of the machines. I'm shocked by how little he wants finally I ask about the Goldwing.

Four hundred and twenty-five dollars later I'm leaving with 5 hp shaper, a 5 hp double drum thickness sander and the Goldwing. Plus a plethora of clamps and various other stuff."

If I were you I wouldn't leave the house for awhile...looks like you used up about 6 months worth of good luck in one day :smilie_happy: . That is a hell of a find. :clapping:

Holy Moly!!! That's a hell of a deal right there!! Son-of-a-b.........!!! You were obviously in the right place, at the right time! Congrats on the great haul!! :clapping:
So now...the real question is, does it run? It certainly looks like it cleans up well. :salute:

AApple":1yf4ayvd said:
Holy Moly!!! That's a hell of a deal right there!! Son-of-a-b.........!!! You were obviously in the right place, at the right time! Congrats on the great haul!! :clapping:
So now...the real question is, does it run? It certainly looks like it cleans up well. :salute:
It turns over with the kick starter...that's positive.

It goes on the back burner for now as I have to finish a few details on a '68 beetle I've been fixing up for the last two years. I'll get the balance of the money when I finish up in about two weeks.

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

That sure is a nice looking VW! I've had three of them and they are cool little cars!

You should see the shop now it doesn't look anything like that since I had my hernia and the operation that followed. I was worthless for about three and half months. I was thinking the same thing about how clean the shop looked when I dug up those two pictures of ther Bug. That's where the bug was when I got hit with the hernia otherwise it would have already been done. All I did was build guitars and shelves. I didn't clean up anything nor move stuff around and organize for months.
Now I've added to the mess with two motorcycles and pieces of one lying all over.

Some guitar shots:

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG