I want this tow truck

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id say sledge is living breathing plans with an outcome thats undiniable . oh i wish i could spell something right . not realy who cares i like outcomes like sledges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody , we have enjoyed our Teardrop for years now, we built it in 2005 , titled as a 2006 model . since then we have camped in 14 states in it , and towed it close to 30,000 miles . ... most Teardrop meets are Thur, Fri, Sat, & Sun. and always where we have Showers and Bathrooms , It's all in fun , I'm an Old Retired Mechanic / Musician I always take a guitar and Banjo on trip and there is always somebody there to Pick With. Nothing planned out Professional , just layed back , relax and enjoy life. I have been giving a lot of thought to how to take my Goldwing with me on these trips . We have a Teardrop member who built his teardrop so when we opens the Hatch , he can ride his bike into it from the back and take it with him, BUT his Teardrop is really simple as far as things inside it, pretty much just a trailer that he sleeps in on a Sleeping bag on the floor , Thats not for me. but anyway, Thank You all the kind words, I will be glad to help anybody with any questions you have about them , here is a Picture of my friend who hauls his Bike INside his Teardrop... for anybody who wants to know , thats a 1930 Chrysler , ( 4 door ) he removed the front doors , shortened the Top/Frame and all that , I have drove it ... It's a TRUE ROD !

[GALLERY=media, ][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 's Rod +.jpg
    's Rod +.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 149
Now that is one cool car, and a tear drop to boot. Man, am I jealous. Not too sure about the hole sleeping on the floor with a sleeping bag. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

LOL .......yeah me too , I have had 4 Back Surgerys , so......I can't sleep on the floor like that, another reason mine has a Memory Foam mattress in it....LOL ... here is another picture of his 1930 Chrysler.

[GALLERY=media, ][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• THE Rod !.JPG
    THE Rod !.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 131
LOL ......... yeah your right , I got a yard full of that stuff myself , I just traded for a couple of toys, a 1971 Ford Ranchero, and a 1937 5 window Chevy Coupe , the Ranchero is all there just needs a little work , the 37 is just the shell sitting on a S-10 frame. ... not sure if I'm gonna build the 37 or not... but , pretty sure i'm gonna redo the Ranchero. and I also have a 1988 Toyota Camry Wagon , that I welded the rear doors shut, covered the side windows with metal , removed the rear seats , and made a Panel Wagon out of it.......... and YES , the gas feed sticks on mine too...... LOL , thats what I'm gonna say the next time they catch me speeding in it anyway..... LOL

Here what I have at the moment. Actually belongs to my dad, but I get the privelage of driving it till I get my 86 Monte Carlo redone.
picsfordennis013.jpg

NICE ................. what year ??? Engine ??? Trans ???? here is the last rod I finished myself. 1961 Falcon , 1988 5.0 Fuelie Roller Motor ,C4 w/ shift kit, 9" rear , Straight Axle in front , Power windows and door locks, Tilt wheel , I built it from the ground up, did it all myself.

Attachments

• Falcon.jpg
    Falcon.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 139
yeah I love the look of a straight axle car , they don't drive too good.....but, they will keep your speed down, I took this one out of a 1965 Ford Van.... the old Flat Nose Vans.

The el camino is an 85'. 305 engine with 350 turbo tranny. I've put a set of late 90's camaro wheels on it to raise the stance and put a little more meat on the ground than what those 14's were doing. No overdrive in the tranny, so it's not great on gas, but the dual glass pack exhaust out the rear really grabs attention when I want it to. :blush:

Nope, recent rebuild on the engine with a mild cam. Rebuilt junkyard trans, and IIRC, the rear end is out of a Pontiac something or other to reduce the gear ratio.

Ranchero's are getting hard to find nowdays , this one I traded for was built in Atlanta Ga. in 1971 , sold new in Erwin Tn. about 40 miles from here , that guy kept it till 1986 , then he sold it to another guy who lived about 15 miles from here and he parked it because the Gas tank had a hole in it , ( Rust ) ... it sit for a few years before I traded for it. I got it right before cold weather last fall.....It has all orignal parts still in it , 302 , Auto , Orignal Air Cond. .. I think it will make a good Tow Car for the Teardrop. .... an Orignal 61 Falcon with a 260 & 4 speed right now would be worth a 400 acre farm...LOL , I used to trade on cars and motor cycles all the time, back several years ago, I had a 69 GTO Judge. Ohhhhhhhh the Nightmares I have had since I traded that off.......LOL

I'm fond of the trade/barter system, I bought a '66 biscayne for $300.00 and traded around it for a couple bikes...started with beemer, ended with '79 cb 750 Anniversary limited

Attachments

• 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne $300.00 001.jpg
    1966 Chevrolet Biscayne $300.00 001.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 80
  • 1974 BMW 750 001.jpg
    1974 BMW 750 001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 1979 CB750 10th anniversary 001.jpg
    1979 CB750 10th anniversary 001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 84
A ranchero pulling a tear drop would make people think they time warped right back to the 70's. I love the idea. What you plan on doing to it?

Super nice looking 750............. and BMW , and 66 too , ... well the Ranchero needs some work on the Floors , ( Rust ) but, it's all there .....

Attachments

• 9-6-09.JPG
    9-6-09.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts