I want this tow truck

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy.shadow

Reaction score
I want this tow truck

Attachments

• Winter Leaves.jpg
    Winter Leaves.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 238
i for one would not want a wing like that. i don't want to pull a trailer with a wing. i want to enjoy a bike as a bike and when i have more to carry than will fit on my wing i'll take the convertable. as far as towing a car like in the pic, what about stoppingand if it can be set up to stop a car then why can't all you campers pull your 15' popup trailers

What's the point of that thing anyhow?
Sure you could get TO the car needing a tow but you'd still be stuck getting away.
They probably tow it to the closest yard at slower speeds with lights flashing. Looks like a wreck in the making though, 800lb bike towing vehicles at least twice that with no brakes, scary scenario!

We belong to a Teardrop Camping club, we pull our Teardrop with a Truck , but we met this couple in Frankfort Ky. last fall,
they live in Ohio I think , and came to Ky. to camp with the club. they both rode the Goldwing, carried a little dog in the side car..... and slept in the little Teardrop.

[GALLERY=media, [ATTACH type="full" alt="Frankfort 15.jpg"]320._xfImport[/ATTACH]][/GALLERY]

here is another picture of them , real nice couple , I talked to them several times, I hope to see them again.

[GALLERY=media, ][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• Frankfort 8.JPG
    Frankfort 8.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 218

Attachments

• Frankfort 10.JPG
    Frankfort 10.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Frankfort 9.JPG
    Frankfort 9.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 216
The teardrops are pretty neat.
We camp at a place in Acton Ca and every Memorial weekend there's a qroup of a dozen or so teardrops that camp there.
They are cute but me at 6'2 I could never sleep in one but for gear and ease of towing they're a good a choice.

a regular Teardrop is bigger than they look , Mine is about the size of most Teardrop Campers , 8 feet long , little over 5 feet wide , ... mine has a Full Size Memory foam mattress in it , Air Cond, TV / DVD , all inside , and in the Hatch / Kitchen there is a propane stove , Refrigerator , Cabnets for storage , and I am 6' 5 &1/2" tall , 216lb , the bed is the same size as any bed , I don't touch either end . Me and the wife belong to a Teardrop club, ( Tearjerkers ) almost 1,800 members . we camp a lot in summer , there is what they call the East Coast Nationals in August at Fort Chiswell Va. Exit 80 on Interstate 81 in Va. Maybe some of you folks that are close enough might want to stop by. They have this meet everyother year , in 2006 there was 52 Teardrops there , in 2008 I think it was 37 , .... but the pictures I put on here lastnight was in Frankfort Ky. at a meet last fall , and that couple on the Goldwing was new members and that was the first time any of us had met them.

Oh I forgot to show you a Picture of mine , most Teardrop are built by the owner, there are a few Factory built , but they are really high priced , most Factory built Tearsrops are between $10,000 and $25,000 ... I Built this one myself , for about $1,500 , and it has a $400 Memory Foam Mattress in it , and a $300 fold down from the celing flat screen in it. and I did the Mural too.

8-10-08.jpg

[GALLERY=media, ][/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, ][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• SUNP0159.JPG
    SUNP0159.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 202
nice work sledge you are quite skillful the end project speaks for itself
whats the shell made of
the mural is top knoch
slight arch on the door fits the look well
id say its better than factory built
MAKE WAY FOR THE OUT OF THIN AIR TEARDROP!!!!!!!!

The folks from Ohio, I think, must be vertically challenged to an extent, and I'm not saying that to be mean. Looking at the picture, that camper can't be more than 5.5 ft long. I know pictures can be deceiving, but my 6'2" frame wouldn't fit in that thing with a pry bar, although I would like to have something like that to pull behind the wing.

plskthompson1":2nsgqdf7 said:
The folks from Ohio, I think, must be vertically challenged to an extent, and I'm not saying that to be mean. Looking at the picture, that camper can't be more than 5.5 ft long. I know pictures can be deceiving, but my 6'2" frame wouldn't fit in that thing with a pry bar, although I would like to have something like that to pull behind the wing.

I guess its bigger then it looks, Sledge says he's 6'5'' and has a full size bed in there... Sure doesnt look 8 feet long :clapping:

sledge":2nsgqdf7 said:
a regular Teardrop is bigger than they look , Mine is about the size of most Teardrop Campers , 8 feet long , little over 5 feet wide , ... mine has a Full Size Memory foam mattress in it , Air Cond, TV / DVD , all inside , and in the Hatch / Kitchen there is a propane stove , Refrigerator , Cabnets for storage , and I am 6' 5 &1/2" tall , 216lb , the bed is the same size as any bed , I don't touch either end

Yeah the little Teardrop the couple from Ohio pulled with the Goldwing was not a full size Teardrop , and I would guess the couple was about 5' 6" to 5' 8" ( thats just a guess ) but Teardrops will fool you as to how big they are inside, ... and yes Mine is a full 8' long , I built it around a full size Memory Foam mattress . the club ( Tearjerkers ) thats for Teardrop Pullers...LOL ... there are plans there , all I did was looked at pictures of Teardrops and picked out the one I liked best , I printed the picture and used it as a guide, I never tryed to reproduce it turn by turn , just a guide . . . The back or Hatch of a real Teardrop opens like a Hatchback car , and there is a full kitchen in there , you stand on the ground and cook like a chuck wagon....Thanks everyone for your notes , we have talked about building another one , ( Small ) like the one from Ohio.... still in planning mode...... :smilie_happy:Here is a picture of my Galley , before I redone the Galley Lid, but the inside is still almost the same,

Attachments

• Teardrop Table 4-13-07036.JPG
    Teardrop Table 4-13-07036.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 177

Latest posts