idle screws

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nevermind I figured it out. Also I found the wiring is needing some att. There is a grounding issue the charging system is in and out as far as the regulater go's. And the horn is not working proper grounding.. engine still a fog machine (not as bad ) 2,Oz of ATF in the crank case.

Idle screw is the one screw that pulls the linkage holding the throttle open to the desired rpm. Mixture screws I'm not certain some adjust fuel so out is richer. Some adjust air so out is leaner. Either way adjust each to the highest rpm you can get then reset the idle each time. Set all four mix screws twice.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141217#p141217:1z5olegi said:
slabghost » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:19 pm[/url]":1z5olegi]
Idle screw is the one screw that pulls the linkage holding the throttle open to the desired rpm. Mixture screws I'm not certain some adjust fuel so out is richer. Some adjust air so out is leaner. Either way adjust each to the highest rpm you can get then reset the idle each time. Set all four mix screws twice.

Thats what I meant. Mixture screw// I leaned down by the bike ans my eyes were burning .. So I guess she was Ideling running rich .. I turned them Little at a time till I got the thing close. The only thing I'm deling with is sticky floats.. I added just a little fuel treatment to help this. I had to remove the screws and fiddle with the floats from the outside.. It can be done....!! Let it idle awhile. So other than them simple things it's a go .. The decals are ready to go on. Just a little painting left then the tags..

Latest posts