If I did it right Stella shoud be on youtube.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
backlander":1xsopd8b said:
it works great Jerry. That's nice set up and Stella looking good too. :good: :rocks:
Thank you backlander I was not sure if it worked or just worked because I did it from computer.
Jerry

looks great - are you going to be able to put the lower part of the fairing back or is the alternator in the way?

1060dsl":2m1xovlj said:
looks great - are you going to be able to put the lower part of the fairing back or is the alternator in the way?
The lower faring hits the lower mount a little I could heat it up and bubble it about a 1/2 inch I can get the lower screw at the bottom of the rad. back in but right now it puts pressure on the lower. But I am just gonna wait until winter and shorten the lower mount up a little.
Partly because everyone wants to see the conversion when I talk about it. And with the faring on you do not see much.
Jerry

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We2qeO0zCTk[/video]

NICE!!! Wish I had the time and $$$$ to go that route....seems to be the hot ticket these days. Thanks for putting that vid up!

Sidewinder":1tm6vgc2 said:
Got mine sort apart doing carbs, belts and stuff. This got me to looking. What did you do, trim out the belt cover and install a pully off the driveshaft?
I did cut a hole in the center of the timing covers and the pulley is mounted on the front of the crankshaft if that's what you meant then yes.
Jerry

Jerry Congrats., I just posted a video too of mine charging at idle on my post, tonight I put her back together and ride ..

I see a couple of post about this being done. Anyone been running this configuration for any length of time or is everyone still in the Guinea Pig category.

wonder what effect on balance and main bearings this might have? Changing timing belts may become an adventure. Just some questions about doing it I have.

Latest posts