If nothing happens......

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
The Boss and I are expecting our tax return to be deposited in the bank tomorrow morning, and she has been wanting to learn to ride on her own for a while now. I have found a nice looking starter bike for her on the local CL and "If nothing happens......", I will be going to pick up a 1985 Honda Rebel 250 Wednesday afternoon. She attempted to try to learn to ride the summer before last, but the bike she was on was a little to heavy for her at the time. If this deal works out, and she doesn't learn to ride on this, I don't think it's ever going to happen, and I'll have a base for an around town bobber. :evil:

Keeping my fingers crossed either way. I really hope she can pick up the ability, that would make it alot easier to get our two kids around when we both want to go for a ride, after a while that is.

Here's a link to the one I plan on getting.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/1590187781.html

:good: Gotta start somewhere! I hope nothing happens! :mrgreen:

I have ridden one..now for a learner.. they feel like a 125 dirt bike when you are on them.. (in my Opinion) and it will do the 60-65 mph route.. not real comfortably because near the top end of the bike and motor.. but great for learning... and the next move up is the real challenge... but for learning she should be content...

Good luck with the bike and hope she loves the way it handles. My wife had to drop down a size too, in order to build up her confidence. Now her 3rd bike, a Yamaha 1100 V-Star, is completely comfortable to her. :clapping: :clapping:

Well, unfortunately, something happened. I got an email from the guy tonight that said he sold it. No worries though. I can't blame the guy, I'd probably sale it to if someone showed up with cash. I spoke to another lady this morning about a Suzuki GS 250. Cost a little more than what I wanted to spend, but I have the money in hand so I think I'm going to go get it. She was asking $2000, I offered her $1500 site unseen, so now the wait begins.

Man that was quick. Just got a reply from her and for an extra $100 I now own a 2006 Suzuki GS 250. Going to pick it up today.

I just picked it up abut 2 hours ago, I haven't had time to get but 1 pic so far and haven't been able to upload from my phone yet.

Congradulate me too! I just bought my wife a SWEET 1985 Honda Rebel 250 from Nashvile Tenn. Gotta fly there to get it though! Hehehehehehehehe.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Montecman":3a8zdun8 said:
Congradulate me too! I just bought my wife a SWEET 1985 Honda Rebel 250 from Nashvile Tenn. Gotta fly there to get it though! Hehehehehehehehe.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:eek:
That's just wrong!!! :smilie_happy:

Congrats on the Suki, anyway, plskthompson1! :clapping: :clapping:

Montecman":1ayqx2f9 said:

:smilie_happy: Thats messed up!!!
When i took the motorcycle safty course i learned to ride on a rebel, With my 300lb butt on there it wouldnt hardly move :lol: Mean while everybody else was learnin on a 125cc

Montecman":1u4qtot4 said:

That's probably the one I was looking to buy in the first place. :smilie_happy:

No biggie the one I got cranked right up, and I had to test it out when I got it home. My 300+ lb butt wouldn't let the thing get over 55 wide open down hill. :smilie_happy:

Let me know when you're going to be coming to pick her up, I'd like to see about lunch if our schedules allow it.

plskthompson1":3ti56zg6 said:
Montecman":3ti56zg6 said:

That's probably the one I was looking to buy in the first place. :smilie_happy:

No biggie the one I got cranked right up, and I had to test it out when I got it home. My 300+ lb butt wouldn't let the thing get over 55 wide open down hill. :smilie_happy:

Let me know when you're going to be coming to pick her up, I'd like to see about lunch if our schedules allow it.

I'm sorry,.....I was just pulling your chain.

BigAndrew":gn86uzwh said:
Montecman":gn86uzwh said:

:smilie_happy: Thats messed up!!!
When i took the motorcycle safty course i learned to ride on a rebel, With my 300lb butt on there it wouldnt hardly move :lol: Mean while everybody else was learnin on a 125cc

When I went to get my NJ Motorcyle permit and take my test, like a dummy, I showed up on my Wing!! :smilie_happy:

I had no idea that they only ran a scooter around a miniture track for the test. They told me to go ahead and try, but it was impossible. The wheel base on the Wing was longer than the distance between the cones!! :smilie_happy:

Latest posts