If nothing happens......

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the only pic I have right now. More to come later.
1265940278.jpg

That will be a nice learners' bike... has the sytling that makes feel like a larger lower bike.. but no real weight when compared to the real bigger bikes..

I took it down the road when I got it home just to see how well it rode out. That little thing actually hauled my big butt up to 55mph. I was a little surprised.

something I learned a long time ago , a buddy of mine had a CB350 Honda I think it was a 1973 , I had a CB750 Honda same year , and yes the 750 was quicker, ( but not a lot ) and yes it was faster, ( but not a lot ) I'd say on top end the 350 would do 110 mph.... 750 would do about 125 mph ...... both according to the speedo....... it's really more about how it rides , and how it Fits you than anything . ...... but , IF your riding in the mountains , more power is nice , and a small bike has to work harder , so it most likely won't last near as long..... thats just an Old Mechanic talking.

I had been riding a CB360T bbefore I went to Italy and shipped it over there... sold it as I was getting ready to come back... when I got to AZ at my new duty place I bought a yamaha 400 special II it rode like a large bike, cornered well and responded fantastic.. ( later traded up for a cb550 4.) ... the styling of the bike will make a BIG difference in attitude..

Ohhhhhhhhh yes , your right ... I hope you guys don't Ban Me for this ..... but up untill now my favorite bike of all time, and I have owned 1 brand new in 1972 ...... and at least 10 or more since ........ is a GT750 Suzuki , ( Water Buffalo ) Water Cooled 3 Cyl. . . 2 Stroke street bike . I have a 1975 right now but , the motor was run out of oil before I got it .... but it has Orignal Paint , looks so fine.......... but. no motor.

Looks great! :clapping:

That engine looks very similar in style to my original '81 Suzuki GN400 which was a single cylinder engine. That was a great bike and I took it everywhere! Funny things is, you cannot get a GN model in the US anymore, but when I was in Guatemala in 2007, they were sold all over the place. (Hey, that bike got 72 MPG!)

Attachments

• 1982_GN400E_black_530.jpg
    1982_GN400E_black_530.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 85
wow nice looking bike and the boss seems happy about it. reminds me of the bsa 440 victor what a 1st gear those bikes had for the day. the water buffalo was the biggest infulence on honda to make the goldwing. my first bike was the suzuki x6 hustler 250 at the time it was the fastrst thing in the school parking lot i cant remember how many times i fell off trying ride it everywhere but a paved road.

:clapping: :good:
Looks like Mama is happy on it, and you know, "If Mama ain't happy...." :mrgreen:

I think you've shot yourself in the foot. One summer's riding and she will be thinking how much better she would look on your Wing. :lol: :lol: More than one guy has lost a good bike that way. :lol:

I had a gn400. I rode the wheels off that thing. The 250 will be just fine. I agree it is a learners bike, but I wonder if it's not just a good all around motorcycle as well.

Latest posts