intro from bakersfield ca

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vapor_trail

Reaction score
Good morning, I have a 76 Gl1000, bakersfield ca, lived here for almost a year, fresno for a year before that. Home prior for a long time was New Hampshire. We got really sick of brutal winters, weak job market, and the New England 'attitude'.

I'm an electrical controls engineer, my wife Irina is a teacher. Bakersfield is supposed to be the most reactionary city in the whole country.. So far, I havent encountered anything. People here are like anywhere else.

The bike runs great now. I've done all the usual repairs and mods. So far, the charging system still works very well, carburation is excellent, but it was a long effort. The steering head bearings were rather fussy also. I replaced the starter switch with a micro switch from radio shack, works really well. The only thing I cant really figure out is the rear brake system. I'll post about that in the tech(?) forum.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, vapor_trail!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

welcome to CGW ...ijust got a 77 1000 to work on ....the rear brakes on the 1000 series is a real oodball its a double piston rear caliper ...with a piston on either side of the rotor .....if its not doing right it probably needs just cleaning up pistons .....MC for the rear brakes ....not a fun job but on 30 plus yr old bikes it manditory to get them up tp par..... :mrgreen:

Latest posts