jury duty

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwbill37841

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:Awe: got a notice today i got to report to the courthouse in the morning. :crying: so i guess i got to go and see who they want me to hang :whistling: or maybe i should go in singing i got to be free :hihihi:

oh boy sure wouldnt want to do that ...id act like i wanted to convict the jugde for running a anything but justcie court ...they will send you home ..... :cheeky: :crying: :mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind the jury duty but if you get on one that takes a long time its pretty expensive and the compensation (in Canada) will barely cover lunch.

mwbill37841":6nl3twkk said:
HOPE THAT HAPPENS TO ME I GOT 164
It was interesting to see how the process works, it was the first time I've actually showed up when I was suppose to.

They ask a whole slew of questions to each potential juror, I was rehearsing what I was going to say to get out of it the whole time I was waiting.

I wouldn't mind serving but if I don't work, me and 4 others don't eat.

I've been on one jury. A woman was sueing a mechanic for causing the engine in her Chevy Vega to overheat by installing the fan backwards. She said that because the fan was backwards, the air was being pushed out through the radiator, against the inward flow caused by the forward motion of the car. It overheated, and the engine was destroyed.

The mechanic said that he had only replaced the belts and never removed the fan, but the other jury members didn't believe him. It took some effort, but I finally got them to understand that unless the direction of rotation is reversed, a fan blows air in the same direction regardless of how it's installed. That, plus the fact that the fan on her car could not be installed backwards because it mounts to the thermal clutch only one way. (Yes - I once owned a Vega...and a Pinto...and several Corvairs. Ralph Nader hates me, I'm sure!)

I was not working as a mechanic at the time, so the prosecutor had no idea. On the info form, I had listed "Security" as my occupation.

About 6 months later, I read that the same woman had been arrested for insurance fraud. Once in a while, the justice system gets it right.

I'm 47 and I have never got the letter in the mail. Not sure if it is good living or a bad lifestyle. I will probably have a notice in the mail when I get home. :shock:

My grandfather served once and said that was enough. I asked him bow he got out of it from then on and he told he said something dreadfully racist the next time he was asked about the death penalty...they nev :shock: er called him again.

Jury duty can be a real pain! Long trials can be expensive and a hardship for the Juror! BUT...a lot of men and women gave their lives so that we could be free and have a jury by peers and I for one would like to participate in that process (flawed as it is!)

I would rather that than Sharia Law!!!

i report proudly everytime i'm asked :hi: . It always sucks and takes weeks to catch up at work but i would want the same from the jurors if i was ever in the hot seat.
The first time i served was civil and i was appalled that the main concern from the other jurors was to get done and get out of there with no concern for what was right. I would not go along. After they realized i was serious about doing what was right most (but not all) agreed and we did the right thing. We basically kept a small trucking company from going bankrupt and still gave the "victim" what was fair.

Just my $0.02.

Latest posts