Lees-ure Lite camping trailer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYWinger

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:heat: Just got back from a 4 day camping trip with 32 members of our Chapter - almost all have a Lees-ure Lite or Bunkhouse camper. With the 80 degrees and 80% humidity, I was MOST envious of those with A/C in their camper, so...

What do the forum members think about the viability of towing a Lees-ure Lite with a mostly stock 1100? Almost everyone else in my Chapter has an 1800, so they have no issues.

I have not weighed my H/F trailer when fully loaded, but I'm guessing it'd be about 150lb. less than a camper.

I'm not sure the 1100 has the oomph to reliably tow that much...

I ask because I won't go to Alaska and back with a tent! LOL It's a camper or I'm not going.

:thanks: Thanks in advance for your input :thanks:

jpwinger has his bike tugging a sidecar and a trailer so it can pull the load. But he is using a lower geared 80 model. Tuning will have to be spot on and the clutch may suffer from the load with your higher gearing. I really don't know if it's up to the load or not.

hmmm pic please I don't know what they look like ....I think a c5 equipped 1100 would handle it power wise nexted would be clutch ... and I think it would be to it too ... but im guessing ...I don't think your bike as it is on lower end power will do much more than it doing .... but theres a lot of hidden power to be had there in a c5 equipped 1100 ...only the stroke is actually bigger on a 1200 ...so im thinking huge gain in low end torque to be had ...not selling c5 just an answer to your question

Well I would suggest since you know how your trailer pulls now and handles the load, you could have a 150 lb passenger ride with you as a test or put 150 lbs worth of extra weight in the hf trailer and try it out. Premix concrete bags are cheap for ballast.

Lees-ure Lite (2).jpg

Joe- This is what I was referring to.....

sheesh what a great rig ...be nice if that ac was heat pump too for yr round comfort looks doable to me ... I think rider smoothness plays big part here ... just stay in the smooth boundries and I think a c5 83 1100 would do it .... the 83 with its gearing is the one that would stuggle the most ... smoothness with stock set up would be a challenge it seems but possibly doable ....

Brian - the obvious answer that went over my head....duh.. I'll do exactly that. Any number of them live near me and I don't think would have any issue letting me tow it around for a while...
Thanks, Chief...

Hi John. Wife and I were at a meen& greet a few year's ago,where we first met Joe. There was a fellow who had a lees-ure lite and if I rember right a 79 1000. He had it for sale $800 wish I could have bought it. He travled a long way to meet. Don't rember him saying any thing bad about it. Maybe Joe rembers more about it.(beer) My 1100 pulls my sidecar and trailer rig just fine. mpg is just low 25 to 27. I can run interstate speeds just fine. Three up sometimes. It's just hard on stock shocks and brakes ,I need to upgrade. When I just pull trailer I hardly know its back there. It weighs 250 or so when loaded. Just need to stop a little sooner. Also local gwrra used to meet in local resutrant someone pulled a bunkhouse with a 1500 I think. Also there is a nice 81 1100 in town that has made the Alaska trip. He had rear shock troubles in Washington state and had progressive put on. Bike still runs great Jerry

John, get those valve dialed in first! (You are losing horsepower.)

I also agree the C5 iggy will give you all the pull you will need for one of those campers. I know that the camper and the C5 are on my wish list!!

hmmm tory ... right now my 1200 bike has the only forum c5 ... it seens to cure all the low rpm spit and sputter and labor knoching problems ... but some are still wondering if its my mods to bike ,,, but all the parts are stock Honda parts just not all same yr ... ithink personally it the best after market product out there ... 1100s have no options till now .... its has nuilti spark four different timing cures and mine has option of lap top cure making ... my hooch bike 1200 77 is awesome with it

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92468#p92468:263n57oc said:
mcgovern61 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 pm[/url]":263n57oc]
IIRC, the factory specs on valve lash are 4mm/5mm, but I'd read, somewhere, that going to 3mm/4mm helped things.... was I hallucinating or is that the ticket?
I trust the collective judgement of the forum......kind of..... :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92534#p92534:ufzwlul4 said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 am[/url]":ufzwlul4]
I use .004 and .005 and my valves are quiet as a mouse.
I heard yours, I agree.... .004/.005 it is then.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92531#p92531:l3p5s52f said:
KYWinger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:16 am[/url]":l3p5s52f]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92468#p92468:l3p5s52f said:
mcgovern61 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 pm[/url]":l3p5s52f]
IIRC, the factory specs on valve lash are 4mm/5mm, but I'd read, somewhere, that going to 3mm/4mm helped things.... was I hallucinating or is that the ticket?
I trust the collective judgement of the forum......kind of..... :thanks:
Just to be sure, that is .004 inches and .005 inches. The metric feeler gauges are .012 mm and .013 mm.

Latest posts