Lift table plans

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godservant007

Reaction score
Getting prepared to pour floor for my new shop in a few days and still havent come up with a good Bike lift option yet. I am wanting to set the lift in the floor where the table is flush, one to save floor space and two so I dont have to push bike up ramp. For years I have been working off of a bench or a small lift cart, but now that I am planning on building more bikes I want something more functional.

My sponsor (the local bank :whistling: ) is kinda keeping my head out of the clouds and limiting the funds I can spend on a lift lol. Looked at HF lifts and black widow but not sure if they will hold up to almost commercial use. and they will be hard to sink without doing some costly modifying. So I am looking for some ideas for a shop built lift, has anyone built one or seen one, or has link to some plans for ideas?

here is a thought I have had in that respect.
EPA and clean environment seems very critical of In Ground systems what with leaks and all.

So with that in mind. Create a Raised floor except at the location where the Jack goes. That should be sunken the 5-6" required to allow an above floor jack to sit flush with the remaining floor.

Put a drain in that sunken area that could go to a Sump and then be pumped with a submersible pump.
You would need that in case you spilled those "regulated" fluids.

essentially you would have a level or nearly so floor to the Lift Table but also easily changed/swapped out should you have a failure.

For existing floors then create a raised floor around the new lift table you would still have to push/ride it up to the floor but at least it would be essentially level to where you are standing.

Recently I saw a video of a floor lift that had a hydraulic cylinder and ran off a power steering pump like the old garage single cylinder hoists. You need a basement or a well to place the cylinder in but you can rotate the bike on the lift which provides for a ride in, ride out once you have spun the bike. It's on you tube I just don't have the address atm.

Friend owns an auto repair here, he had a two cylinder lift and replaced it for a 2 post rotary. He suggested building one out of one of those cylinders but it would take a 48" well.

The drain Im running over into my neighbors yard since he called the epa on me when we were building our house for burning floor sweepings and framing scrapes :mischief:

godservant007":k2nymbmk said:
Friend owns an auto repair here, he had a two cylinder lift and replaced it for a 2 post rotary. He suggested building one out of one of those cylinders but it would take a 48" well.

The drain Im running over into my neighbors yard since he called the epa on me when we were building our house for burning floor sweepings and framing scrapes :mischief:

Must be the same neighbor I have! Which is why I have no trespassing signs.

Yep, we live in a farming community and at the very time I got a visit from them every farmer that had winter wheat was dragging a flaming car tire around the field to start a massive fire that can be seen from a space satellite. And they visit me to give me a warning for burning permissible materials. :evil:

According to the EPA I must have a stack filtration system because I use a grinder, Obtain a VOC discharge permit because of "odor" (it is interpretable by the responding agent, can be gas fumes from a rich carb or my wifes chilli) have to have a licensed hazmat disposal company for my respirator cartridges and under no circumstance can I spray alcohol solvent through my paint gun, unless it is mixed with an epoxy based verathane primer which is a close cousin of hexane. :roll:

Problem with the recreational fire is they will get me confused with some of my other neighbors, the smell of plastic burning smells alot like their shake and bake lab, which is often in BBQ grill.

yep all this bs is why why i use a sky hook ....im sure its more dangerous but i have some good stuff to use for lifting ....and it keeps all the excess hardware out of the picture ...stabilizing the bottom with stands is easy enough when i want it not swinging ....i like total access to the bike when hanging .....course i have lots ovehead to pull from as far as the roof gose to do this ....

did anyone here actually buy the plans? I would love a copy (if we get 20 of us to chip in its only a buck and a half each)

Latest posts