Looking for part number!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 GoldWing Aspencade Gl1100A
1999 BMW K1200LT
Hello,

I have an 83’ I have been rebuilding and am in the final stages of putting the engine back together. I have been looking for the timing bel heat shield gaskets. No matter what I have searched I cannot find them.

Below is the gap. I see nothing in my manual or on diagrams of this gasket piece.
IMG_0777.jpeg

Thanks in advance,
David B

No, the cylinderblock is sealed tight. This is the heat shield attached to the head. The gap is that of the heat shield and cylinderblock

Might try looking at the parts diagrams here....

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-gl1100-goldwing-aspencade-1983-d-usa_model652/partslist/

You should find what you're looking for and I wouldn't bank on the names you may think they are. I was looking for a part once and Honda didn't call it anything like what I thought it would be, nor was it in the parts diagram where I thought it might be, it was in an adjacent diagram.

Good luck...

I think what you're looking for is the rubber seal that fits on the end of the back timing cover(s). As far as I know, it is part of the cover(s)....glued on. Iirc, I had to glue both of mine back on on "The Turd" every time I took it apart. I can look at some other parts lists, but not sure if it is available as a separate piece.

glcoverseal.jpg

I found the parts book I have for '81-'83 GL1100. The "heat shield(s)' are listed as "cover(s)", #3 & #4 in the illustration. They are sealed, meaning the rubber strip seal is attached to the cover itself, and not available separately. ☹️ A strip of high density foam, or weatherstrip would prolly work just as well. The main function is to help keep trash out of the timing belt area.

gltimingcover.jpg
"

Latest posts