Might be good news

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krakum1967

Reaction score
Before I started tearing the block up and ripping things apart, I asked a buddy (mech mentor) if he could come out and make sure I am right on this motor, turns out that I am, BUT...

He has a matching 79 long block that he has had on the shelf for the last five or six years he had forgotten about, he said if he cant get the current block fixed, he will transplant the one on hios shelf and get her running as he owes me a few favors, all he wants is 150 for the block if he needs to transplant, I am still selling the bag set, I just dont favor the look of the vetter line.

But I might be getting my Big Bertha Bitch back!!!!

I will know after three! I will keep you posted!!!!

I am STOKED!!!!!!!

And my wife says I am crazy for getting up at 2 am to go help broke down buddies...kindness can come back you know!!!

He is here now, and looking it over, either way, he said the long block is mine, I rescued him a few years back when he went down after a car ran him off the road, and he say he owes me. I just need to give him 150 for the work, and I have pulled these blocks before, I can do it, but he has the larger experience set here, so if we need to swap, I will gladly assist. But he has his trailer, so if we need the swap, we will drag it to his place and get going on it tomorrow.

He said its the crank. But we are a go for his motor, 150 for an installed replacement works for me!

You just cant even begin to understand how happy this makes me! Bertha still has a heartbeat!!!!!!

YES!!!!!

Now for a stovebolt carb, and 2 barrel to 34mm converter....

He likes the single carb idea, said he pretty much gave up on the vintage GL's cause he hates the carb, said they are the worst clusterf*** to ever come out of japan, hands down.

Anyway, I have work to do kiddies....wooo hoooo!!!!!

Yea grandpa used to say "Pride is a sin, and help your neighbor in need. It comes back to you either way, good or bad. You reap what you sew." I told him I had to give him something for the block, he said your old block for scrap. And I get to learn the Honda way of pulling that block. I knwo the I am eBaying and I want that pig off there way, but I dont think it would go back on very well with that method....lol....

Whats that new song" Because I'm happy!!!"

Latest posts