More Sound System/Communication Questions

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
83aspenrider":3kj9mqbk said:
https://www.sierra-mc.com they have a selection
of cables antennas and most audio connectors. I've dealt with them several times they are very helpful and you can shop by year and model on the website.

I believe they will also service the stock honda equipment,I know they will add a MP3 plug on 1500s and have seen 1200 systems they have repaired.

jdegase":1wugk97w said:
the clarion system wanst for me either but I can tell you in some cases its cheaper and easier to fix than the corse I chose.

first I cleaned out all the old system. then added a dashmounted stereo with usb input, and resonable speakers.
!

I also scrapped(EBAYED) the stock system in favor of a dash mounted system like yours,and installed a J&M 2003dou CB/intercom.
It also comes with a MP3 plug,but I instead used it to install J&Ms Harley Davidson harness that routes the rear stereo channel to the helmet.
The J&M unit has three seperate volume settings for the CB,Intercom,and Stereo and also has a wheather band.I can fade the stereo from the dash to the helmet and drop the helmet volume with out letting go of the bars.
I then use a FM modulater in the cigerette lighter with a small assortment of flash drives with a half days music on each.

I do not own an MP3,its still beyond me.And I have never missed a phone call I wanted to take becuase I was riding.

Attachments

• dash 003.JPG
    dash 003.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 146
I ordered both the SMH10B (dual headset package) and the SR10 interface box.
Total price for both was $448. (Ebay purchases from radiorider )

This way I have Bluetooth intercom to the wife (aka. "She who must be feared and obeyed") and other Sena BT headsets that I pair with AND can hook up to my phone AND my ham radio...

Will post 'em when I get 'em hooked up...

Rich

jdegase":ob9df0zo said:
tory
thats what I'm working for...
when you have time could you post a closeup picture of the mount on the jb2003?
I might have to make one.

I will try to get a PIC in a day or so.But if I remember right its just a HONDA cruizer mount,that I fitted with a small U bolt.

Been playing with the Sena stuff...

The SMH10B's are off the hook great!!! They work like they are supposed to, and have been enjoying them...

The SR10 hub works OK, but I had noticed a problem in the HFP pairing (Hands Free Protocol) interfering with the operation of my iPhone...

Doncha know it the folks at Sena just released a new firmware upgrade (TODAY!) for the SMH10B's that fixes this problem!!! It upgrades the headsets to Bluetooth 3.0 and allows multipoint connections! It even has voice prompts in a sexy voice!!

Now instead of pairing my iPhone to the SR10 hub and having to "share" the phone with the two way radio, I pair it to the headset (SMH10B) and also pair the hub to the headset and all works great!! Now If I am chatting on the radio and a customer calls my phone, the radio mutes and the phonecall is taken... now all I need is a secretary!! The new upgrade even allows 3-way conferencing between you, your passenger and the phonecall... think I can get my wife to take messages while we ride from my customers???
Hee Hee :smilie_happy:

Here a couple of stock photos:

image.php

image.php

Rich

So if I purchase a SR10Hub and A SMH10 (2 headsets) I would be able to talk to the passenger and other riders - would another rider have to have both the RR10 Hub as well as the SMH10 headsets. Can I just let another motorcycle use my second headset to communicate?

Hi,
The SR10 is ONLY for adding a two way radio or other device (like a GPS from your car that gives spoken directions out over an external audio jack), it can also add a non bluetooth phone to the bike.

The SMH10B headsets are for driver to passenger, bike to bike (within the effective range of about 900 Meters open space) or driver to his bluetooth phone...

If you still need to see what these awesome devices can do Please visit the website and read all about it there...

Good luck and enjoy!

Rich

You guys and your toy's...Me and Joe are so confused... :hihihi: :hihihi: :doh: :whistling: :music3: :Egyptian:

joedrum":1aerjapd said:
aint that the truth beav :shock: :headscratch: :hihihi:

Hey dont laugh these are going to be cool at the get-togethers this summer, just picture 50 guys riding around in circles all yelling CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???????

CPS Tracking says my Bluetooth headphones are in Canada now -- woohooo can't wait so I'm standing out at the mailbox waiting for the lady that drives from the passenger seat!

UPDATE:

SENA had posted a firmware update for the SMH10 Hub the other day and after I D/L'd it and installed it I was receiving reports that my transmitted audio over my ham radio had gotten lower... so I looked at the new firmware update and it now includes adjustable microphone gain for the two-way radio interface.... the microphone gain DOES NOT change the SMBH10B's microphone settings, so if you don't use a SMH10 HUB for your two way radio in addition to the SMBH10B Helmet Bluetooth headset, this won't make any sense to you...

I set the microphone gain to the higher setting, and now all is as it was before.... people I talk to on my ham radio, can't believe I am on my Goldwing on the Long Island Expressway (usually at night) doing 65 MPH and chatting away with them as if I were sitting in my car or god forbid in my house (I DON'T "play radio" from home, just while out driving around) because I sound THAT good...

Looking forward to others reports about their SENA stuff and how much they like it..

Rich

got my new Sena SMH10 the other day just testing them out now

helllooo n2ppn ...... hello..?? hmm not working

HELLO n2ppn CAN you Hear me now???

hmmm maybe i hooked it up wrong - funny the two I have work great

Latest posts