muffler compatability

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any one running stright pips,if so how do you like them,was thinking of trying a set of rineharts for a harley sportster,wounder how thay would sound

I don't know how loud you are looking for, but the PO of my 1100 cut off the tailpipe extensions flush with the back of the mufflers and it made it quite a bit louder than i prefer. I am amazed how much difference the stock set made.
What ever is in those extensions certainly takes the bite out of the noise. By the way, those are for sale if anyone is interested in a set. They are stock to the end of the muffler at least!
Randy

The smaller extension is where the baffles are so they should be loud without them.
I bet it sounds a lot like a VW bug right?
I have a set without the baffles, hate it. Too loud and a pitch that resonates and gives me a headache.

Dont want anyting to loud.theres a guy on you tube who made a set of stright pips.four pips sounds nice.hard telling just how loud thay are.would like some thing with a deep tone.was thinking of trying rineharts not sure of what i would like.I know i dont want to get pulled over all the time.LOL have jardens on it now but would like some thing with a little bark

Thats cool how do you like them,are thay loud?my friend had the screaming eagles 50/50 on his and went very loud at all tell you got up hight in the RPMs

scratch99":1d52vc8u said:
Dont want anyting to loud.theres a guy on you tube who made a set of stright pips.four pips sounds nice.hard telling just how loud thay are.would like some thing with a deep tone.was thinking of trying rineharts not sure of what i would like.I know i dont want to get pulled over all the time.LOL have jardens on it now but would like some thing with a little bark
I have a set of Jardines for sale that are much louder than stock, but have the correct bafle for the right back pressure for the engine plus they are straight pipes.

Here is what they sound like from the drivers seat:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SyhI7BDnhE[/video]

PM me if you have any interest.

Attachments

• Jardine 1.JPG
    Jardine 1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Left muffler.JPG
    Left muffler.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts