My first wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ausfahrt

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 GL1100
Lots of bikes over many years but I've never owned a Wing. Until now.

I wasn't looking for one but I came across this '82 GL1100 that looked really nice and it has been sitting for ten years but for 200 bucks I just couldn't pass it up. What could possibly go wrong?
tempImageb6Srgc.jpg

Famous last words..."What could possibly go wrong?" :ROFLMAO:
Super clean ride! As long as the engine is not locked up, you should be able to get it running without too many problems....just a few gotta-dos, like the timing belts, carbs, as mentioned. And, of course, tires!

Thanks, guys. No keys, bad tires, bad battery, leaky fork and that's just the beginning!

I found the key code and ordered a key and I'll be ordering a battery this week to see if I can get it to fire on starting fluid. I've been getting an intro by reading the Mayflower thread.

The belt needs to be addressed, is this an interference engine?
1656936104360.png

First turn the engine over by hand , my bike sat 30 some years and some valves were stuck open had to turn over slow and used a mallot to tap the valve till it closed , It took many turns and taps to get them to close when the should
Just look for play when the lifters are off lobe

First turn the engine over by hand , my bike sat 30 some years and some valves were stuck open had to turn over slow and used a mallot to tap the valve till it closed , It took many turns and taps to get them to close when the should
Just look for play when the lifters are off lobe
Will do. Thanks.đź‘Ť

Latest posts