My Mad Max 82 Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAndrew

Reaction score
Im reposting the pics of my Mad Max style 82 Interstate

Attachments

• 1982 Honda Goldwing.jpg
    1982 Honda Goldwing.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 585
  • 1982 Honda Goldwing2.jpg
    1982 Honda Goldwing2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 499
  • 1982 Honda Goldwing4.jpg
    1982 Honda Goldwing4.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 397
  • 1982 Honda Goldwing3.jpg
    1982 Honda Goldwing3.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 341
Hoosier Daddy":2bbf38cf said:
I like the look, and that cutdown windscreen is mean!
That took some "Out of the Box" thinking...way to go

Thanks i get alot of comments on it, Its actually a hand made wire mesh bug shredder wind screen :lol: Its just for looks, Keeps me cooler for the hot summers here in Fl

plskthompson1":7xv60t7v said:
Big A, I have a set of red LED lights you need to hide on that bike. It would really give an ominous look at night.

I'd really like that but red lights are illegel here :Awe: :crying: :fiddle:

Neil":3i1zpr0g said:
Like the look of your old girl :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks... It doesnt look quite so good now... The florida sun has fadded that paint pretty bad and the P.O. didnt paint it so well so its cracking up in a few places and starting to flake away

Its gonna be hell-of-a chore to sand it down and re-paint it

I offered those lights up for sale here and on NGW before this site crashed, and got a couple of lookers, but no takers. I posted them over on Saunder's site last night and expected the same thing, but I had a buyer email within an hour of the posting and the lights shipped out this morning. I couldn't send them to you now if I wanted to.

plskthompson1":hxsw8yg2 said:
I offered those lights up for sale here and on NGW before this site crashed, and got a couple of lookers, but no takers. I posted them over on Saunder's site last night and expected the same thing, but I had a buyer email within an hour of the posting and the lights shipped out this morning. I couldn't send them to you now if I wanted to.

No Biggie.... Im thinking bout getting yellow or amber color... They got some l.e.d. kits for pretty cheap on ebay

BigAndrew":1647kn7a said:
Neil":1647kn7a said:
Like the look of your old girl :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks... It doesnt look quite so good now... The florida sun has fadded that paint pretty bad and the P.O. didnt paint it so well so its cracking up in a few places and starting to flake away

Its gonna be hell-of-a chore to sand it down and re-paint it

Yeah, I don't like to paint ... covered mine in a leather look marine grade vinyl, now, no more waxing ... just spray on a cleaner, let sit for a couple minutes and wipe away.

Nother reason i like the way mine is paited it that you cant tell it hasnt been washed in 2 years :music2: :music: :lol: :lol:

I dont want to be one of those harley guys that spend more time cleanin and polishin their bikes then they do ridin them

BigAndrew":2othflrl said:
I dont want to be one of those harley guys that spend more time cleanin and polishin their bikes then they do ridin them

I here ya there, but I do like a nice paint job on one. :grin:

plskthompson1":3fsul8gn said:
I here ya there, but I do like a nice paint job on one. :grin:

A candy color would look good... Maybe like they do on the old muscle cars
Like one of those paint jobs that have glitter in the paint that make it sparkle or the paint jobs that seem to change color depending if the sun is hitting it or if its dark outside

Now you're talking high dollar for parts and labor. Candy paint is really difficult to paint with if it's your first time.

Don't ask me how I know. :oops: :smilie_happy: :oops:

plskthompson1":2ubxye41 said:
Now you're talking high dollar for parts and labor. Candy paint is really difficult to paint with if it's your first time.

Don't ask me how I know. :oops: :smilie_happy: :oops:

I hear ya on that... I never tried to paint but ive watch alot of hot rod shows that teach you how and it seems like a real pain in the @$$

If you don't lay the Candy down just right, you end up with dark spots throughout the paint, and it sometimes looks like tiger stripes.

Latest posts