Name this ignition (please?)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recognize this ignition module? Obviously a Hall Sensor, like the rest, but who makes it? I'd like to pull a manual and just generally be aware what it is. Was installed in the "new" GL1000 I just acquired.

IMG_4367.JPG

Wow. Thought it was just me. Well, I have issues with the machine. Gas in the plenum and firing on two cylinders. I need to find out if it's a coil or this danged ignition module. I'm not used to having the patient outside away from my tools. I might do some garage juggling so I can get it inside and get serious. I haven't had much time to mess with it this week. (Of course, with the excess gas and funky spark, maybe I should leave it outside at first!) :headscratch:

Stinkin' job. I think I'll retire some day.

So, I have stumped the masters? Wow. I didn't expect that. I just now got the rig into the garage so that I can work on it, but if it's any help I do believe these are Accel coils. Haven't really gotten a good look at them yet. I scanned as many Internet images as I could on old GL ignitions and did not see a single one that looks like this.

I hope it's a good one.

image.jpeg

Possibly prestolite iggy. Should be something on the plate or on an ignitor box. several companies made aftermarket ignitions for these and quickly folded.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182217#p182217:150j605m said:
slabghost » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 am[/url]":150j605m]
Possibly Gerex. Not Dyna. There was another i can't recall just now. Manual for gerex. https://classicgoldwings.com/filipi/HondaStuff/Gerex.pdf

SG,

I failed to thank you for correctly identifying this unit. That's it: Gerex. Actually a CDI ignition which is even better.

Except that it's ancient and could fry at any moment.

Nonetheless, you guys are the best. At least I know what I've got.

Latest posts