Need A New Battery...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 amps is too much for a "storage" type charger anyway, imho. The more common ones put out about 1.25 amp or less, and "float", meaning they only charge when the batt voltage gets below a certain level. My Battery Tender is all electronic, best I can tell, and no fan. If you could find one that only put out .75 amp it would be best for long term(winter) storage... :mrgreen:

i think i remember dan saying something about the gel battery dosnt like trickle chargers or battery tender....i wouldnt bank on my memory tho and i dont bank anywhere :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

AApple":o994r77f said:
6 amps is too much for a "storage" type charger anyway, imho. The more common ones put out about 1.25 amp or less, and "float", meaning they only charge when the batt voltage gets below a certain level. My Battery Tender is all electronic, best I can tell, and no fan. If you could find one that only put out .75 amp it would be best for long term(winter) storage... :mrgreen:

This is the charger Odyssey says to use with the PC680 battery.
It tapers the charge rate from 6 amps down to 100 milliamps.

Kewl!
My Tender says it's safe for AGM, and gel type batts...at least that's what it says. I'll prolly be getting a new batt before the next riding season, and will prolly go with the AGM. :good: