Need another head

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldWrench

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I blew head gasket last week, well pulled the right hand head and is is cracked. Normally aluminum heads crack from overheating, but I didn't overheat her. So if anybody has a right hand head they want to sell, I'm in the market for one.
In the mean time I'll use the heads off the engine I'm rebuilding.

Be sure it isn't a casting line before you buy another.

It's not, and I magnafluxed the head, definitely cracked. I have already gone through the heads on the new engine. I'm just going to put them on the engine in the bike. If I don't find another head I will still have the rebuilt heads.

Old wrench,I know of two goldwing parts bikes here in Visalia. I can talk to the guy to see what he what's for the head. Are you looking for an 83?

Hey Dan that sounds great, and I do appreciate it. I would like to get the fresh engine put together and in the bike before our October meet, but it isn't a must have. Right now I'm focusing more on getting the her prepped for paint.

Brad, is he parting out a complete 83, if so what is wrong with it?

Paddy, what do you want for them?

Hey guys, I found a pair of heads, well they are attached to a complete 83 engine. So I now have another complete 83 engine, this came out of a bike showing 67k miles. The stater bolt came lose on this engine and destroyed to bolt and I assume the stater is also history.

Thanks Dan, I think I'm in pretty good shape now. I'm going to surface the heads and do a leak down test on them and if they are good, then I'll be good to go. I really didn't want to put the rebuilt heads on the old engine and then pull them need to pull them later for the new engine.
My bike isn't just for fun, it is my commute ride. Since my commute is almost a 100 miles a day it is a matter of 47 mpg on the bike or 17 mpg in the pickup, don't need to be a mathematician to figure that one out.

Latest posts