Need to buy a starter for 1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of those guys but I can give you a few suggestions of places I've gotten parts before. For used parts I have had pretty good luck on ebay with tasclassicmotorsports and Crescent Moon Cycles for new stuff https://crescentmooncycles.com/.

For a new starter I wouldn't go anywhere else but Stockers.com.

The one I got from them spins fast baby!

I talked to them and was told the new starters (they also sell recons) are made in their shop.
The box it came in said "High Torque". It sure spins like it is.

It will still do the stall when hot thing occasionally but this engine and ignition has always done that.

dan filipi":14vcr2pf said:
It will still do the stall when hot thing occasionally but this engine and ignition has always done that.

I have found the "stall when hot thing" is related to unburned gas expanded in the cylinders after shut down on a hot day. Lots of compression needed to overcome that with a battery. When I encounter that, the exhaust always has a gas smell after it first starts and it does a POP right after it starts.

mcgovern61":1rh2vtsa said:
dan filipi":1rh2vtsa said:

I have found the "stall when hot thing" is related to unburned gas expanded in the cylinders after shut down on a hot day. Lots of compression needed to overcome that with a battery. When I encounter that, the exhaust always has a gas smell after it first starts and it does a POP right after it starts.

I've experienced the same smell and seemed to be over rich once started.
I wonder if it could have something to do with gas boiling out the carbs into the cylinder.

Hmmm.

Latest posts