New addition to the family.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lew1701

Reaction score
Here is the latest misfit to be saved from the scrap pile and is now cluttering up my garage. I am worse than my kids bringing home stray animals. :blush:

Hey those little scooters are pretty cool.
My first M/C was a scooter, if you can call them M/C's lol. It was the model that had the cylinder head pointing forward and exposed and a glass float bowl. Those do not like to seal once they crack.
We called it Turbo :smilie_happy:

I have had 2 scooters this year, a 150cc Wildfire and a Q-Link 250cc...and quickly sold them both. Great gas mileage but not my cup of tea! On the other hand, my daughter has a Lifan 150cc (photo) that she rides on nice days. A tank of gas,(just over a gallon), lasts her for a long long time! :grin:

Attachments

• Anna.JPG
    Anna.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 183
CBH":3cw5uxqp said:
I have had 2 scooters this year, a 150cc Wildfire and a Q-Link 250cc...and quickly sold them both. Great gas mileage but not my cup of tea! On the other hand, my daughter has a Lifan 150cc (photo) that she rides on nice days. A tank of gas,(just over a gallon), lasts her for a long long time! :grin:
Yours is a monster compared to mine...it's a whopping 49cc. When (if)I get it running my wife and daughter will be able to use it to "scoot" around town. Because it is below 50cc no license is required.

lew1701":13quy1ms said:
Here is the latest misfit to be saved from the scrap pile and is now cluttering up my garage. I am worse than my kids bringing home stray animals. :blush:

Awwww.....it's so CUTE!!! :lust: :lust: :lust:

I think the very first two wheeler I ever got on was one just about like that...ran it straight into a mailbox! I was prolly 8-9 years old at the time... :Doh2:
Hey..those things are great for short romps around town! :good:

Disassembled and cleaned the carb today (it's basically a weedeater carb)...reinstalled it and we are scooting. :clapping: Now I can't get my wife off it. :yahoo:

lew1701":23zubfqt said:
Disassembled and cleaned the carb today (it's basically a weedeater carb)...reinstalled it and we are scooting. :clapping: Now I can't get my wife off it. :yahoo:
Guess you need to dig out another for your daughter now huh? :good:

mcgovern61":147413sp said:
This months Consumer Reports just did an article on scooters. The new Honda scooter gets 83 MPG on the highway!
Only because it isn't all computer controlled like cars these days. Back in the 70s I had a little Honda civic that got 45mpg. No computer no injectors.

True.
My Dad had a Caddy with a 472 CID V8, loved that car.
It got 18 mpg. I doubt that engine size today would be that good on gas. Do they even make gas engines that big anymore?

We had a new '94 Saturn SL1 5 speed that got 41 MPG on the highway. I loved that car! Back in '94-'95, I could fill the tank for $8 to $10 and it would last for 300 miles.

Latest posts