New Dipstick

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldWrench

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received the my new dip stick and installed it, few things I really don't like, and a couple I do.

First of all the mounting instructions are wrong, says to attach the tube to the water pump bolt, it won't attach there but will attach to frame if you make a bracket for it.

Secondly, to drain the oil takes forever, and obviously will not drain all the oil, it leaves almost a quart in the engine, not good.

I filled with oil, ran the back and made sure the oil showed full in the sight glass, then marked the dip stick by filing a small grove at the full mark, drained a half a quart of oil then marked dip stick again.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this dip stick or not because of the issue of draining the oil.

image.php

image.php

It might but the adapter only has small hole going through it, so that would need to be changed. I do have an idea to do just that then increasing the drain hole to the same as stock. I'll experiment on my old engine the post the results. Also need a much neater mounting bracket.

Latest posts