New from Florida

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gashog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am a brand new owner of a 1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate that I bought for $600 with 40k miles on it. Having problems with the starter so I haven't been able to ride it yet.

Currently riding a 1978 FXS Lowrider shovelhead Harley that I have had for 20 years. Plan on keeping both bikes.

I am retired so I should have lots of time to get the Goldwing running . I was looking for something to take some longer trips on and be a little more comfortable than the old Harley. I have owned several Hondas during my life.
Honda 65
Honda 305 Superhawk
Honda 900 custom
Honda cm400a
Feels good to be back in the Honda barn!

Attachments

• P9010836.JPG
    P9010836.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 269
  • MC 022.jpg
    MC 022.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 262
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130177#p130177:11q23n9n said:
Gashog » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:58 am[/url]":11q23n9n]
Thanks for the welcomes. I should say, it sounds like the starter clutch is not catching. The starter motor just spins when I hit the button.

First welcome to the forums! Have you tried changing the oil? My 1100 would do that if I put 20/50 in it during cold weather. If you have please start a new thread in the 1200 section so your welcome thread doesn't turn into a long technical thread. :hi:

~O~

That used to be a trailer. I modified it into an automatic push button motorcycle loader and un loader for the pick-up truck. I will get some pictures of it in action and start a new thread. I guess it would still fit in the trailer category.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130177#p130177:1x683fdm said:
Gashog » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:58 am[/url]":1x683fdm]
Thanks for the welcomes. I should say, it sounds like the starter clutch is not catching. The starter motor just spins when I hit the button.

Spinning is a good thing. Take the starter off and clean it thoroughly. The gears in the head may be clogged with hardened grease or stripped or the starter chain may not be engaging the output gear. At the price you paid, you shouldn't get hurt on such a good looking bike.

By the way, welcome from Central Illinois.

Latest posts