New guy from Charleston SC

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob1quixote

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I ride a 1979 GW, almost nekkid, I put a trunk on it.
I painted it a sedate custom, Honda auto Root Beer base, with some hand laid "ghost" pinstripes in, used the midcoat of a Honda auto Attack Yellow.
Installed an eBay SCC kit with some mods, in fuel mileage testing right now.

I ride and support Dual Sports and Adventure rides, and keep a few british thumpers around.

ncm_0924.jpg

Welcome! Spent most of my Naval time in Charleston in the mid-late '70s. Lived South off 17 in the Ponderosa subdivision (still growing while I was there). Used to enjoy evening rides out Bees Ferry then toward Sumerville past the plantations.

Thanks y'all!

PDJ, I live West Ashley. just off Wappoo Rd. We have to go a ways to get to interesting rides, have a nice little loop heads out to Edisto Island. Outside of that, I head to NC/North GA

It was a cheap eBay trunk I bought to help out on a failed Iron Butt Saddled, AMD was just sitting around.

The Sandlapper was riding my DRZ, and used an organized adventure ride as part of the mileage to make it tough. Tried twice, got close, but no license plate frame!

Latest posts