new guy on the block

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyborg

Reaction score
hello all,
i have been around motorcycles for over 55 years, and lerking around this site for a couple of months now. at present i have a 78 custom, (cyborg), a '81 full dress, and a 76 custom in the works. also 2 frames standing in line for construction, and a shop full of parts. i live in muskegon mi, so the winter build period is fast approaching. i gave up working last april so i would have more time for bikes,and so far it seems to be working :smilie_happy: hope to get involved around here to both learn and to help

slabghost":21mraz1n said:
Welcome aboard Cyborg. You've found a great place to talk and learn about oldwings.
thanks. i believe any day you don't learn something, is a wasted day

welcome cyborg ...ive always enjoyed your post ....im assuming the 78 custom is your 1200 tranplant bike ......ive got three in the works right now but also a building to finish before i freeze....so there lots of prjects going on here mostly under funded and slowly moving in my case .....but i enjoy what i can get done :mrgreen:
the 82 with the 84 1200 tranplant is not far from riding and has been test run and all but still needs clutch mod done and fuel pump mod done along withe driveshaft mod to get on the road ....im well pleased so far how its going and have most all the parts to finish bike after building is done ....its great working on such sound bikes ....

welcome again and jump in on stuff :laptop: :mrgreen:

joedrum":3gigfm54 said:
welcome cyborg ...ive always enjoyed your post ....im assuming the 78 custom is your 1200 tranplant bike ......ive got three in the works right now but also a building to finish before i freeze....so there lots of prjects going on here mostly under funded and slowly moving in my case .....but i enjoy what i can get done :mrgreen:
the 82 with the 84 1200 tranplant is not far from riding and has been test run and all but still needs clutch mod done and fuel pump mod done along withe driveshaft mod to get on the road ....im well pleased so far how its going and have most all the parts to finish bike after building is done ....its great working on such sound bikes ....

welcome again and jump in on stuff :laptop: :mrgreen:
thanks. no the '78 custom is the one with the CBX fairing and the GPZ front forks. the '76 has the 1200 engine with the sportbike fuel tank tail section. also has a rear mono shock.
time and money are always the great equalizers. the more time i have, the less money. and the money, less time. so everything happens in its own time

chasrogers":388tv0g7 said:
welcome to the CGW forums Cyborg. from Chasrogers Ontario Canada enjoy as you have been and add any wisdom you have about these's great bikes. :hi: :hi: :hi:
pictures of the bikes are always nice so post some soon if you have them.
thanks for the welcome. there are a lot of pictures around of my bikes, but me and cumputers have a love/hate relationship. i never have figured out how to post pictures. there are pictures on the naked goldwing site. under the heading of "cyborg", it was bike of the year in 2009, and under "megacyborg" for the 76. i know there are crossover members from both these sites, and someone with more cumputer smarts then me might be able to bring some over

Here are a couple pictures.

Cyborg_changes2.jpg

Cyborg_20bike_20of_20the_20year.jpg

thanks for posting the picture. thats the '78 custom. the pictures of "megacyborg" are mostly of the build nature. i'm now almost at the tear it down and paint stage

slabghost":3b8rd0x9 said:
Sweet! We'd love to follow your build if you start a thread. I like the style of your bike. Well done!
the build is almost done, and i never seem to take the time to take pictures when the creative juices are flowing. but i'm sure when it is finished, pictures will be available. and all questions will be answered. i hope to have it done for vintagedays this coming july

Wow.. whata cool looking bike, Bike of the year and all, welcome aboard ...I'm repainting mine as we speak..

littlebeaver":32odfqz6 said:
Wow.. whata cool looking bike, Bike of the year and all, welcome aboard ...I'm repainting mine as we speak..
since that picture was taken i have hit a deer and it has fallen off of a truck. been repaired, and touched up, but is due for a tear down and re-paint. hopefully this winter.....or in the spring

54Greybeard":17itu2cb said:
Really great looking bike! Is that a 16" VF 750 wheel on the front?
no its a kawasaki GPZ 900. i choose it for the anti-dive front forks. the whole front end is GPZ900. it also gives me a 16" front wheel to go with the 16" lester in the rear