new guy with old honda

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhondajamie

Reaction score
Hi everyone: I'm new to this forum, just purchased a 77 gl 1000 my first goldwing. I have several other honda's a 72 cb750 k done up cafe style with a Fiberglass Works (aka Tracy) body, a 74 cb 450 cafe project, 72 cb 350 bobber project and a 79 xs 650 yamaha bobber. glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to some good chat and info from all of you that love these old bikes. :thanks:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, oldhondajamie!!! :clapping: :clapping:

zman":29goaifw said:
Welcome to the forum, definitely a different kind of Honda, but the heads come off without pulling the motor :mrgreen:

And easier to set the valves on, too... :smilie_happy:

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Thank you all for the warm welcoming! I have a couple issues to deal with on this bike first a carb rebuild. It doesnt have any power unless the choke is half way out, i pulled and cleaned the carbs (they were dirty) Checked timing ( it has electronic ignition) adjusted vavles and sycronized the carbs still needs choke. So i'm assuming i have a vacum leak some where. Looking at the master kit from Randaks, anyone have feedback on their kits? Thanks

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96582#p96582:3oh5tq2h said:
oldhondajamie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:58 am[/url]":3oh5tq2h]
Thank you all for the warm welcoming! I have a couple issues to deal with on this bike first a carb rebuild. It doesnt have any power unless the choke is half way out, i pulled and cleaned the carbs (they were dirty) Checked timing ( it has electronic ignition) adjusted vavles and sycronized the carbs still needs choke. So i'm assuming i have a vacum leak some where. Looking at the master kit from Randaks, anyone have feedback on their kits? Thanks
If the intake to head O rings are flat from age they can leak as well as the throttle shafts.

Going to keep pretty much stock. This bike will be my two up cruiser for the wife and i to take on long rides. Allways loved the look of these early wings withuot all the fairings, and mine is naked as well. Going to make her run well then, just a good clean and polish

ordered cab kits today. If all goes well will be back on the road before the weekend :beg: there is a big bike event here i really want to ride too( NOT DRIVE TOO)