New member from N Texas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1TallTXn

Reaction score
Howdy Y'all!

Name here is Nathan. Been riding for nearly 10yrs on the street and in the dirt long before that.
I live a bit south of Fort Worth, Texas.

Current bikes are a 2002 Honda VFR800 and a 1983 Honda GL1100A.
Have a '82 Aspy as well that's become a donor bike for the '83.
My Father-in-law has a '85 GL1200A that I"m in the middle of rebuilding the carbs on.
Swapped the motor on a '75 GL1000 a few years ago.

Stumbled across this forum doing some research for my '83 Aspy. Forget which thread it was that drug me in.

I'm a member of quite a few other forums, so hopefully I won't pull too many newbie mistakes :smilie_happy:

Howdy Nathan, welcome to the forum. :wave:
Always nice to have another new member. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Show some pics of your rides if you would, we like pictures. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :good: :good:

Here's the OldWing the day I brought her home.
IMG_0934.JPG

Cosmetically, she's unchanged. She'll eventually get a fresh paint job. But first, gotta get all the mechanicals in order.

And here's the wife and I, and the VFR, just before our trip to Arkansas this summer
8b71082c.jpg

I like to say that both bikes are mostly stock, but the truth is, they're not :mrgreen:

The VFR has the following upgrades:
Sonic Springs and Ohlins valves in the front.
MRA Touring Vario windscreen
Helibar handlebars
Sargent seat
Subaru WR Blue paint
Symtec heated grips

Up next:
Rear shock (CBR929 revalved/sprung)

The GL ain't quite stock either:
Full RaceTech emulators and springs up front
LEDs for tail/brake/turn lights.
partial LED dash lights (more to come)

Up next:
Rear shocks (probably Progressives)
New seat
new paint
possibly turbo chargers :beg:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Nathan!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I be just down the road a piece from ya. :Egyptian:

:thanks: for all the welcomes!

The turbos started as a joke to my wife. I'm used to riding the VFR with 20 more HP and about 200lbs less than the GL, so I popped off that I needed to turbo the wing, and she said "let's do it!" :shock:

If it happens, it'll be a fairly mild boost. I'm not looking for low drag strip numbers, just a little more oomph.
That project is still a long ways from getting started.

First I've got to replace the throttle sleeve that decided to snap this morning :doh: Thankfully it did it before I left for work and not during the trip!

A single tiny turbo will probably be more than enough. We have some other interesting mods here on the forum.

dan filipi":35e5xc5d said:
The 75-77 cams and a turbo would be interesting.
Turbo set up will likely require different carbs than stock. These are constant vacuum carbs so a forced intake system will require a lot of changes.

Latest posts