New member from N Texas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slabghost":xutoiwbc said:
dan filipi":xutoiwbc said:
The 75-77 cams and a turbo would be interesting.
Turbo set up will likely require different carbs than stock. These are constant vacuum carbs so a forced intake system will require a lot of changes.

I suspected it would.
If I had unlimited funds, I may go to a FI system, but most likely would go to a dual or possibly single carb solution.

A single two stage two barrel carb could be made to work nicely and most of the plumbing should fit better.

slabghost":2xi7i7d2 said:
A single two stage two barrel carb could be made to work nicely and most of the plumbing should fit better.
The biggest question I have is where to put the turbo/s themselves. The two builds I've seen (GL1000 prototypes) routed the exhaust forward and put the turbo on top of the one of the heads. They used a pretty big turbo too. Had to be about 6-8in in diameter.
My thought was more to the tune of a pair of small, <4-5in dia, mounted about where the mufflers begin. Obviously this would require going to a shorter muffler, or forgoing the mufflers all together.

joedrum":1o2aahj6 said:
id say your idea is a good one ...but not much room there ....that would be an agressive project :mrgreen:
It will require quite a bit of fiddling to get all the lines/hoses worked out.
Oil to/from the turbos
air to/from (more so if I feel froggy and go for an inter-cooler...)
not to mention getting the exhaust routing and the turbos to clear the frame and not reduce cornering clearance.

Latest posts