New member....Greetings!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrianroll

Reaction score
Had my 78 gl1000 for a few years now, had its ups and downs, now it's under the knife. I think I would like to dabble with a single carb conversion....so that's how I wound up here! Not sure if I can contribute much since I'm still a rookie goldwing guy but at least I can comment on what not to do! Thank you.

Thanks guys! I hope to be bugging....er..uh...asking for advice on carbs soon!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Timely - my carbs are off for rebuild right now. It's not real hard, but very time-consuming and you need to pay attention to details. Lots of folks here have gone before and made the mistakes for us. It's great to learn from them.

I enjoy cleaning them...just not syncing them lol. Mine should be good for a while, just rebuilt them and repaired a broken float post in the number 4.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211899#p211899:34or0kqu said:
cbrianroll » Today, 11:01 am[/url]":34or0kqu]
I enjoy cleaning them...just not syncing them lol. Mine should be good for a while, just rebuilt them and repaired a broken float post in the number 4.

I hated cleaning mine, but they were pretty corroded and clogged.

:good:

Hi Brian, and welcome to the group! There's plenty of us here, and I think it's pretty universal- we're all very experienced at making mistakes, and we're all happy to give you as much bad advice as we can muster. I guarantee you, if there's any really bad ideas out there, SOME of us have tried it, and the others have laughed with us as we cleaned up the mess afterwards...
:doh: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Thank you much everyone! While I wait for money and parts I decided to open up a can of worms and redo all my wiring lol....I'll have a list of not what to do pretty soon!

Welcome! Does it run? Move? Stop? Either way its prob a good idea lol.

Latest posts