New member in Ohio

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the welcomes. I hope to see some of you out on the road. We have a pretty large vintage motorcycle community here in Cincinnati and hope to get some rides together. I will start another topic and post the pictures of my Wings.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, dlslick!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Welcome from Sunny Zephyrhills,Florida
Sonny <///><
Sonnys Red access. 023.jpg

Wellcome im up north outside of clevland cant spell any more to many beers.Lots of good info on this site.If it ever stops raining ill get out in the wind. Bill :salute:

Thanks, I had 2 slides stuck in the carbs so I had to clean the carbs and boy did I have a time getting the one slide out , it would not come out until I let it set in the Sun for about 2 Hours and once it was out it would not go back in with out getting stuck again and again. I have several extra parts so I found a good slide , cleaned it up and the old Wing is running great, with Me and the Wife with full load I get 45MPG at 70MPH and if I am real good and run at 65MPG I get 50MPG.
I am now working on a 1983 Aspencade with 21000 miles. Has been put away all this time . It turns over but carbs are bad , gas tank is bad and brakes are real bad and forks seals are bad other than that it's great, ha ha.
GOD Bless.
Sonny <///><

Sonny good luck with the bikes have a set of carbs off 81 thats good for parts let me know if u need any thing.Bill

Sonny.it seems that is the biggest problem with these old wings is carbs getting gumbed up from sitting,Randacks carb kit is the best kit out there.I had to buy a set for my 81 do to needle being broke off in carb body then j.b welded in place.Let us know wen you get the 83 going.Thanks Bill :builder: