New member with my first Goldwing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyking897

Reaction score
I'm a new member here, but not new to bikes. I got my first bike before I had a car. I was sixteen and had only ridden my buddies 80cc Yamaha for a day when I went out and bought a '68 BSA 650. The first of many but never a goldwing. My dad owned three different goldwings and I rode them probably as much as he did. After picking bugs out of my teeth, fighting the wind etc. the goldwing certainly was a nice ride. Fast forward too many years of not having a bike and a friend offers to let me ride his new Harley. Can you say, bitten again, had to have a bike again. So this past December, I picked up an '84 GL1200 Interstate (just like dad had). I got a short ride in the day I went to look at it but trailered it home 800kms. So you know what I've been doing all winter. I have gone thru everything on this bike and am finally ready to hit the road. If I had plates and insurance this past weekend, I would have been gone. Took care of the insurance today and will get my plate/sticker tomorrow.

Welcome to the forums! My dad rode a BSA 650 when he was a Hells Angel in the mid 60's before they turned into what they are today. One of my earliest memories is that of him putting me on the handlebars and riding through the Richmond CA. hills...I bawled the entire time. :smilie_happy:

~O~

Yes and no. Sold it to a friend when I needed some quick cash with the understanding I could buy it back. He hasn't done anything to it and has no interest in it.

Omega Man...
I grew up listening to my dad talk about riding his Harley back in the late 40's early 50's. When I got the BSA it never sat still. If I wasn't on it, my dad took it and rode it. Was kind of fitting, I rode his Goldwings as much as he did after he rode my bike so much. Only time we got to ride together was when we "borrowed" my brothers two dirt bikes.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, skyking897 !!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
We'd love to see some pics! :beg:

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Left Front.JPG
2013 Trailer 004.JPG

For any one who is interested (I hope this works) here's a couple of pictures.
Forget who asked, but the Sky King reference is a nickname that has stuck for years, I fly airplanes too.

PS Thanks for the warm welcome.

Nice looking bike and trailer, looks like they have been well cared for. I remember never missing watching "Skyking" when I was a kid. That and the Mickey Mouse Club :shock: Course I wasn't only looking at Annette, yeah right :mrgreen: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

toytender01":3o98cx3t said:
Welcome from central Calif. Diden't I listen to you when I was a kid???? SKY KING :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Welcome to the site - nice looking ride !

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLb8T0IWoTM[/video]

Latest posts